more pics from the Luna Park outing

james m

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
jamesm.clubsnap.org
here a some of my pics from the outing to Luna Park, all photos Nikon F6 with 50/1.4 and Fuji Reala

Darryl (Luckydog)
darryl.jpg

Benny (Westman)
benny.jpg

Mark (Vonnagy)
mark.jpg

the portraits are so great! especailly the 1st one with luckydog!

p.s. sharpness and color very nice, make me want to purchase a Nikkor 50 1.4D...

Mark had some issues with the sun, didn't he? It shows ;) :p

All portraits are good, but I also like your interpretation of the Fun Fair, James! The teddy bear behind glass with its extremely shallow DOF fascinates me to no end! :D

thanks all ....

westman said:
sharpness and color very nice, make me want to purchase a Nikkor 50 1.4D...
Or even have a look at the Nikkor 50/1.8D which is about $400 cheaper than the 50/1.4D locally.

Xmetal said:
No photos of me...rock on!! :lol:
I thought there was a shot of you but looks like the only one I have is a group shot from the back or a couple with you in the background.

I still have some pics to scan and may post a few more in the next day or two.

James,
I visited your site, and must say that you do excellent work. To see you take pictures, you'd say "what the heck is he taking a picture of that for!" (i know i did once or twice on Sunday), but to see the finished product the results are excellent! I won't say you've got a "good eye for photography" as i think that phrase is over used. However i will say you have a great skill and the vision to see more in a subject than it outwardly displays in everyday life.

That said, can i have permission to use the picture of me for my website bio photo? :) With credit to yourself and a link to JiMagery

I have face shots of Xmetal and all will be revealed :)

luckydog said:
James,
I visited your site, and must say that you do excellent work. To see you take pictures, you'd say "what the heck is he taking a picture of that for!" (i know i did once or twice on Sunday), but to see the finished product the results are excellent! I won't say you've got a "good eye for photography" as i think that phrase is over used. However i will say you have a great skill and the vision to see more in a subject than it outwardly displays in everyday life.

That said, can i have permission to use the picture of me for my website bio photo? :) With credit to yourself and a link to JiMagery

Thanks Darryl and you can use the photo for you bio page. I also have a landscape version I can scan tonite that shows more of the bridge if that is more suited to your layout.

James,
I'd like to see the other one. Don't see many pictures of myself.
BTW i couldn't find a link to the "other" place last night. Will search again tonight.

i really like the 2nd one with the sydney harbour bridge out of focus in the background

and the first one really gives you the feal of a tourist,

i also realy like the one of the bear

Most reactions

Back