More Pics of Cindy...Senior portraits

Great job as usual.

I like 2,4,5 and 6

Keep up the great work.

I like the first and last one the best NJ. And it looks like you had a really cool place to shoot at.

Great job as usual.

I like 2,4,5 and 6

Keep up the great work.

Hey thanks Jeff. Glad you stopped by and commented. Much appreciated!

I like the first and last one the best NJ. And it looks like you had a really cool place to shoot at.

Thank you my friend. It was a very cool place, yes. There is nothing as great as the good old family farm! ;-)

All of them are great...I love #3 and #5 the best. I am a fan of black and white...just looks classic.

Great set, I agree with some of the previous posts #5 and #9 stands out the best.

All of them are great...I love #3 and #5 the best. I am a fan of black and white...just looks classic.

Thank you Andrea! :)

Great set, I agree with some of the previous posts #5 and #9 stands out the best.

Thanks for stopping by and commenting Leo! I appreciate it.

I might select a different line of clothing for a few. Something a tad more formal.

No offense Tyson but I completely disagree. In the past this may have been the trend but I think these seniors should look however they want and aim for a natural look. I look at my own senior pics, that were taken "a number" of years ago and I dislike them very much. I was told to dress nice and show a more formal look. I followed along but that look wasn't me. Wardrobe should be left entirly up to the senior IMO.

These are some great shots. Attractive subject, nice settings, well put together. Good work. I'll bet this girl has a heart rate of about 40bpm or less. :D

Great shots! I love the backdrop of #8. Did you make that or did you buy it.

I absolutely love it!

Just curious NJMAN what lens did you use to do your senior pics here? any of the ones you have posted?

Wow, this is crazy. I posted this back in July!

Hi rprimeau,
Yes, I used my 28-135mm IS and 50mm f/1.8. I don't have a huge collection of lenses, and the ones I carry aren't expensive, but I make do with what I have. There were more shots done with the 50mm in this series than what I originally posted here. Thanks for asking! :)

No offense Tyson but I completely disagree. In the past this may have been the trend but I think these seniors should look however they want and aim for a natural look. I look at my own senior pics, that were taken "a number" of years ago and I dislike them very much. I was told to dress nice and show a more formal look. I followed along but that look wasn't me. Wardrobe should be left entirly up to the senior IMO.

These are some great shots. Attractive subject, nice settings, well put together. Good work. I'll bet this girl has a heart rate of about 40bpm or less. :D

Thanks Icon for the very nice words! Yes, she is definitely a power runner, and in the most awesome physical shape. I agree that seniors today get very creative with their outfits, and I dont see anything wrong with that. It definitely makes for interesting senior portrait sessions if you get some sort of theme going! :)

Great shots! I love the backdrop of #8. Did you make that or did you buy it.

I absolutely love it!

Thank Anita. Your kind words are very much appreciated! :) I got my backgrounds on a few different ebay auctions at different times for something like $35 each. I have 4 of them, white, black, blue, and the grayish blue you see in the photo. Try doing a search on ebay for muslin backgrounds from Amvona.com or Silverlakephoto.com. There are deals going on all the time for different sizes. Some of the more common sizes are 9x9, 10x12, 10x20, or 10x24 ft. Hope this helps. :)

I really like them good job. #9 is my favorite expression, pose, outfit are all dead on.

I really think the natural lighting is just perfect on all of these. What time of day did you shoot these? Was it a cloudy day or more sunny?

I really like them good job. #9 is my favorite expression, pose, outfit are all dead on.

Thanks Will for commenting! I really appreciate it. :)

I really think the natural lighting is just perfect on all of these. What time of day did you shoot these? Was it a cloudy day or more sunny?

Thanks Anita. I shot these right in the middle of the afternoon believe it or not. It was very sunny, but lucky for me, there were plenty of shady spots that had good ambient light filling them pretty well. If I'm shooting in the middle of the day like that, I usually try to find large shady spots with good light. I also try to make sure the background is evenly lit as well, so that it doesnt throw off my exposure meter. Thanks for asking! :)

Most reactions

Back