Photos NOT OK to edit
3656983063_95b9b3ee05_b.jpg

3657781010_252f23987e_b.jpg

3657795468_0962bcfd35_b.jpg

3656962389_959e3ca27c_b.jpg

3656959141_2098326ac3_b.jpg

The only one I find interesting is 3

1 is too centered and has lots of odd distracting shadows
2 looks like you accidently snapped a photo when you didn't want to. The subject matter isn't interesting
4 is again very shadowy and way too tilted for my taste. Tilt is fine but don't make the viewer feel like he is falling off the frame

#1) Is an overexposed picture of a headless kid holding strawberry blossoms. What was the point of taking this picture? Please give your answer some thought, the question was not meant to be mean.

#2) Is a slightly overexposed picture of a bodiless kid with a strawberry on top of her head. Again, what was the point of taking the picture?

#3) Is actually composed well. I would like it more if it was a little sharper, and if it had a more interesting subject in place of the strawberry blossoms.

#4) Over-tilted images :puke: are as bad as selective color.

#5) Is over exposed and with the woman walking through the frame, it is hard to tell what the subject is,.. or just distracts from it. The head without a body in the flowers is also distracting.

The title of this thread) "More pics you should comment on" will probably have the opposite reaction that you were hoping for, even though 3 people have already commented.

these were a few of my photos that i wanted to get some input and advise on...

i am glad you told me what you thought about them...i didnt take it as you being mean, please comment on the photos i post in the future, its very helpful :)

I'm sorry, I usually don't give harsh C&C, but i don't find any of these shots to be interesting or even appealing -what is the point behind any of them? Headless people? If you shot the first two with the intent of shooting the flower in the childs hand and in her hair then you should have zoomed in much closer to the flower and composed the shots accordingly. The boards and the flower ---perhaps in B&W..... The pathway would have been nice had you shot it from the right or the left -even straight on, but tilted like it is makes no sense at all. And I'm assuming the rose was supposed to be the subject of the last shot so as I mentioned before, you should have zoomed in closer to the rose, or at least waited till the woman [who is to out of focus to appreciate] was out of the frame. Keep trying and perhaps you would benefit from Bryan Petersons book - "Learning To See Creatively"

i have to agree with carol. and like others, i say 3 is also an ok image.
KEEP SHOOTING! :D

I agree with the post from above. Ive viewed a bunch of post from new photographers on this forum. I think one of the most important parts of taking a good pic is composure. My advice is when viewing threads from more experienced shooters take more time to study their shot. Pay attention to what makes their shot.
The Bryan Peterson book is a good read, also.

ok thanks for the help! :)

The only one I find interesting is 3

1 is too centered and has lots of odd distracting shadows
2 looks like you accidently snapped a photo when you didn't want to. The subject matter isn't interesting
4 is again very shadowy and way too tilted for my taste. Tilt is fine but don't make the viewer feel like he is falling off the frame

My sentiments almost exactly, except I think "interesting" is a stretch too.

I'd work on composition. First thing I thought when I saw the first picture was "What the hell"

Then I saw the second one and thought, "Seriously"

I'm trying to find what was the point in taking these pictures....I don't even find 3 interesting at all. It might prove the rule of thirds or show a good example, otherwise......

1) As said, a headless kid holding a flower, nothing else I see from it. I go straight to the stain on his/her thumb

2) There's a flower in there? I see the head that fills almost all of the frame. If you're going to shoot a flower in someone's head, make sure it's not lost in the hair (make it a bigger flower)

3) It's a flower on wood....I dont' have anything to say about it.

4) Might be nice if it wasn't slanted. Actually, it it was straight and the walkway was offset to the left or right just a tad, it would be wonderful.

5) Nice shot of the flower and good use of rule of thirds but did you see the lady in the background BE AWARE OF YOUR SURROUNDING!!! If you can see something coming into frame, by the time you take the picture, that WILL be in the frame and will probably take away the original concept of the image.

Take this advice or leave it, but I have nothing to work with with these photos

~Michael~

i fine your advice very helpful, thanks!!

More pics you should comment on!!
Why?

What do you think that needs critique on? Self assesment is the first layer, so I guess this has passed the test. Now you want others to consider your photos. But have they really passed your sniff test? I don't mean to be cruel, only realistic. If you honestly wanted true comments on these, you wouldn't have posted them, apart from #4 & 5... please number them in the future. The first three are snapshots at best and should remain in your shoe box of fond memories. There's nothing wrong with them in that nature of capturing moments of your childs life, but they should not be up for C&C either. C&C should be used as a tool to improve upon your photographic journey, not a pat on the back.

With that being said, I think the last image is your strongest. The focus is good, the DoF is good, the ROTs is good. However, from looking at the highlights and shadows, you chose the harshest time of day to take this photo.

Just my 2¢.

hi kate
i like 3/4/5.
3 - i like the elements in the composition. the flower, the wood,
the light on the wood, the color tone.
4 - the angle of the shot. the point of view, the scene.
5 - the counterpoint between the flowers and the candid of the lady,
the slightly unreal color tone/saturation.

i like #3 best of all.

i can understand a theme of 'a story of the flower' in the first three.

some comment for you! :0)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back