More PJ-Summer Solstice

elsaspet

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.visionsinwhite.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi All! My latest project was covering a celebration of the Summer Solstice. The people were fabulous, and the music even better. I wish I could have a soundtrack with these images....as well as a little sandalwood incense.
Leslie and I will be doing a year long documentary on this particular group of people.
On this event, Leslie was wide lens, and I was portrait lens. She will be uploading her images here shortly.
Because all your suggestions were so valuable on my last assignment, I am putting up my favorite images, the ones for SIPA, un-altered for you all to view.
There have been no changes whatsoever, so please give me some tips!
Again, another large group of photos. Twelve in all. Roughly captioned this time. All comments appreciated!
1. Sun Sign
IMG_0105web.jpg

2. Member of Drum Jam
IMG_0002web.jpg

3. Air Joins Earth
IMG_0091web.jpg

4. Even the youngest join in making music
IMG_0025web.jpg

5. Both the bold and the casual enjoy the beauty of the celebration
IMG_0164web.jpg

6. Dancers in flowing clothing entertain crowds
IMG_0259web.jpg

7. Entertaining to the whole family
IMG_0208web.jpg

8. Summer Maiden surrounded by Elemental Gardians
IMG_0201web.jpg

9. Summer maiden tends fire
IMG_0176web.jpg

10. Juggling Torches
IMG_0316web.jpg

11. Earth Element Gardian
IMG_0192web.jpg

12. "Drawing down the Moon" A rare occasion of the Solstice coinciding with a full moon.
IMG_0345web.jpg

:lol: Posts get moved around here quickly :lol:

You're doing a splendid job lately :) I really love the expressions you've captured here and the variety of shots! Each are nice and together they tell a story :) Great work!

What a great-looking event. :thumbup: The people look laid-back and relaxed - a far cry from your last venture, eh? ;)

Very nice series; you did a really nice job with that portrait lens, especially with #3 and 4.

I know you haven't done any sort of cropping - but may I say, I really HOPE you crop off the sides of #9 and turn it into a vertical? ;) I love the expression on this little girl, and the detail on the gown is exquisite - bring her closer, draw us in! That might turn out to be my fave of the group.

Nice work! :D Looking forward to seeing more.

Thanks guys, that just the kind of feedback I'm looking for. Tonight, I will become.......CROP MONSTER!!!!!!!:p

Most reactions

New Topics

Back