More portraits! C&C

Noxire

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey everyone! My little brother got a guitar for his birthday, saw it as a great opportunity to experiment some with lightning would be great with some more feedback and C&C to help me improve :)
(yes i know i cut of the neck of the guitar on 1. and 2. I shoot mainly with my prime and my room is to small :lmao:)

And on a side note: How do I keep my family and friends modeling for me? My little-brothers seem to grow tired of it :lmao: I've tried threats do death, and capital punishment (doesn't seem to work fiy) , is there any else I can do? :S

1. light 1.(umbrella) on 125° model axis, angeled down ~30°
Light 2.(flash through diffusor) 340° model axis i little lower than the model (to act as fill and to light the guitar)
4990920284_a5bba9d36e_z.jpg

2.Light 1. (umbrella) on 55° model axis angeled down ~25°
Light 2. (red gel) behind motive aimed against backdrop
4990315091_fb235700dc_z.jpg

3. ye and this is his guitar :) a "fender stratocaster standard" same lightning-setup as in the first 1. (if u care :p)
4991014258_a0e4c7ac15_z.jpg

I love 1 and 3. Maybe the background is just a tad too dark in the last one? The bottom of the guitar is blending in a little bit.

He should have been holding the trem bar in #1 as well andthat would be the best one.

I think #1 is sick!!! I love the lighting on the guitar. The red hint on #2 is great as well. I think I would like #3 more if he wasn't holding it...makes it kind of akward seeing an arm there lol. I would like to see the guitar leaning up against an amp.

I think they are all good, maybe have it plugged in since he looks to be playing it. I think you should get him plugged in to an amp, have him play a little and get into it, and get some candids while hes rocking out. maybe a little smoke or something, let your imagination run.

He should have been holding the trem bar in #1 as well andthat would be the best one.
Oh, you're right
DOH!

I love 1 and 3. Maybe the background is just a tad too dark in the last one? The bottom of the guitar is blending in a little bit.
Ye i wanted to light the neck evenly and i did that at the expense of lightning the bottom of the guitar, Im going to buy another flash, I'll see where i can go from there.

I think #1 is sick!!! I love the lighting on the guitar. The red hint on #2 is great as well. I think I would like #3 more if he wasn't holding it...makes it kind of akward seeing an arm there lol. I would like to see the guitar leaning up against an amp.

Actually 3. was just too show off his guitar, but you are totally right im going to try it leaned against the amp :)

I think they are all good, maybe have it plugged in since he looks to be playing it. I think you should get him plugged in to an amp, have him play a little and get into it, and get some candids while hes rocking out. maybe a little smoke or something, let your imagination run.

Some smoke could be like awesome, though i have no smoke-machine do you think it could be possible to use a water-boiler lock the mechanism and use the steam in true d.i.y-spirit?

I like them all but love # 1!

Some smoke could be like awesome, though i have no smoke-machine do you think it could be possible to use a water-boiler lock the mechanism and use the steam in true d.i.y-spirit?

407px-Marlboro.jpg

Most reactions

Back