More practice with my learners permit

doubleoh7

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I took a trip to the Sierras and wanted to post up some shots for anyone's enjoyment and / or comments.

956541451_MDqxF-XL.jpg

956561742_PX4dv-XL.jpg

956566625_iuttZ-XL.jpg

956643610_Dyj8F-XL.jpg

Thanks -

Too much blank sky in 3 and 4 I think. I edited 3 a little bit to my taste, some may hate it. It'd look cleaner if I wasn't starting with a heavily compressed and small jpeg.

e9xun.jpg

Is that a figurative learners permit?

#4 rox my sox. the way the path curves is textbook perfect composition.

Too much blank sky in 3 and 4 I think. I edited 3 a little bit to my taste, some may hate it. It'd look cleaner if I wasn't starting with a heavily compressed and small jpeg.

e9xun.jpg

I think this crop has taken some of the focus away from the leading lines the wooden path creates. Maybe crop some of the right side of the image to bring the focus back to the path???

Is that a figurative learners permit?

#4 rox my sox. the way the path curves is textbook perfect composition.

totally a figurative learners permit. I have never owned an SLR camera let a lone a decent DSLR. so I am totally learning from scratch and I'm doing it based off feedback from this forum. so thanks for the comments everyone.

I think they are some nice locations you found, but could use a little more work when it comes down to execution.

#1 :( Sorry to say this doesn't do much of anything aesthetically for me nor compositionally. Mostly because it feels as if this was taken at a standing position, something that we could see with our eyes normally.

#2 Same cool bridge but in the day, I'd love to see the view from the side of the bridge or something other than straight on :|

#3 I think you captured some very nice curves in this shot, plus going on the lower end did help out with the weighting of the overall image. However splitting the land / sky into 50/50 leaves a little to be desired, more land or more sky from a similar position would be a stronger impact I think. Plus then you could expose more properly for the desired section bringing this shot some more life as well.

#4 Excellent range of colors captured as well as the interesting pathway, grass, rocks, and sky. My only problem is that again the sky and land are split quite evenly detracting from both features simultaneously by asking the viewer to pay attention to so much without allowing them to relax anywhere. I think a simple crop, similar to the one posted would boost this image to perfect!

Nice location, and good shots. Wish I could see that first hand, it all looks amazing!

#4 Excellent range of colors captured as well as the interesting pathway, grass, rocks, and sky. My only problem is that again the sky and land are split quite evenly detracting from both features simultaneously by asking the viewer to pay attention to so much without allowing them to relax anywhere. I think a simple crop, similar to the one posted would boost this image to perfect!

Nice location, and good shots. Wish I could see that first hand, it all looks amazing!

i forget the rule of 3rd's all too often. this is another example of that. :x

i forget the rule of 3rd's all too often. this is another example of that. :x

Happens to everyone, this is just one of those times the 3rds guideline comes into play more so than normal. Landscape needs to be well balanced in order to maintain good eye flow and weighting :)

Most reactions

Back