More recent self portrait...

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by DramaDork626, Aug 26, 2005.

1. DramaDork626

DramaDork626 TPF Noob!

I took this a few days ago.

Olympus Digital, Flash, Indoors

Samn basic idea as thr last self portrait. I burned out the background to give it a darker image. No, my skin is now overblown, that is my complexion lol. I am very white hehe.
    I don't know if the color one or black and white is better. I did an auto color on photoshop with the colored one and I am not sure if I like it or not. My complexion is sort of hard to work with. It only looks good in certain lights. Thats why I tried a black and white one as well. But I am afraid the black and white takes away from the image a bit.
    I am torn
    Tell me what you think

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. thebeginning

thebeginning TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    i like the first better too. a tighter vertical crop would help i think, and it's out of focus.

different lighting please. anything but on-camera flash.

3. elsapo

elsapo TPF Noob!

I'd try a tighter crop, focusing more on your face. Re-shoot if necessary, you should be able to get good access to the subject. The other poster is right - try and use lighting other than OCF. I find the "frames" added to the picture distracting when trying to critique something.

All the critiques aside, I think it's a good start -- try reshooting with some softer side lighting, and focus in tighter on your face.