More senior portraits

MyNameIsChris

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.chrisammondphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
We did a lot of poses, so I'll only post two for now.

2978436938_8e64d339c3_o.jpg

Yes, his feet are hidden by a pile of leaves. I didn't realize it until I started PP, and I'm quite upset.
Lighting: Soft box at 7/8 left and high. Bare at 1/2 right and low.

2977580973_b8d0e28063_o.jpg

An $80 lens can do wonders haha. Canon 50mm f/1.8 wide open, obviously. Natural lighting.

There is something a little funny going on with the light/color. I can't really put my finger on it but there seems maybe to be a bit too much contrast, if I had to take a stab. Also, in the first one he is really competing with the graffiti in the background. At the same time, is he a graffiti artist? If not I think it's a bit odd to put him on that background-- there just doesn't really seem a clear connection between him and what is a fairly distinctive backdrop. In the second, the bokeh is pretty 'present' I guess-- the light has hard edges and whathaveyou that really steal attention from the subject.

There is something a little funny going on with the light/color. I can't really put my finger on it but there seems maybe to be a bit too much contrast, if I had to take a stab. Also, in the first one he is really competing with the graffiti in the background. At the same time, is he a graffiti artist? If not I think it's a bit odd to put him on that background-- there just doesn't really seem a clear connection between him and what is a fairly distinctive backdrop. In the second, the bokeh is pretty 'present' I guess-- the light has hard edges and whathaveyou that really steal attention from the subject.

No, he is not a graffiti artist but this location had a special meaning to him. And I see what you're saying about the lighting, but I don't think it steals attention from the subject I think it makes it more interesting.

Most reactions

Back