More stuff I like

Discussion in 'The Black & White Gallery' started by kaymlo, Mar 19, 2008.

1. kaymlo

kaymlo TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Harmony

Harmony TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    You have an interesting style....

In my black and whites, I like to have definitive blacks and whites, so TRUE blacks and TRUE whites, both in the same photo, (not that I can even do it every time!) this is why the first picture doesn't do anything for me. I also don't know what the subject is.

In the second photo, there are definitely true blacks! I would have liked a longer DOF, but I love how the first part of the vine/stem is out of focus. I would also experiment with the vine not being dead center...

The texture is beautiful in the last photo! Unfortunately, you've chosen to only have a small fraction of the photo in focus. My eyes itch to see more of the railing/whatever-it-is.

There's lots of potential here, though!

3. kaymlo

kaymlo TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    thanks!

i should apologize, i have a bizarre fetish for obscuring my subjects! :confused:

what i'm exploring right now is taking pictures that are somewhat unidentifiable, so that the person viewing the picture can imagine it to be what they want. i guess i kind of think of it like abstract paintings. that's why i really like either completely out of focus shots or shots where a minimal portion of the subject is in focus.

i'd let you in on what the subjects are here, but i'm just not gonna yet :wink: