More Sunsets

Discussion in 'Landscape & Cityscape' started by woodsac, Sep 16, 2005.

1. woodsac

woodsac TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Just the setting sun.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    While sunsets have been photographed a million times, each and every new one is attractive yet again, isn't it? The sight of the sky getting "on fire" has always fascinated us and will fascinate us in the future, I am sure. I can't "leave the setting sun alone" either, though my photos rarely come out this nicely... But I could - just for the sake of this new forum - put up some that I took a couple of days ago ... (?)

3. Raymond J Barlow

Raymond J Barlow TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    i really like them all, but this crop I did below might be a suggestion... a pano would have been cool for this scene too.

[​IMG]

4. photobug

photobug TPF Noob!

Great colors, I really like that third one.

5. Jeff/fotog

Jeff/fotog TPF Noob!

Sunsets are tough objects. Many of us call them, 'sucker shots,' because they are so obvious to our eyes that we are compelled to capture them while we are there because, well, we are photographers!

There is a difference between 'High Calendar Art," and real art and that rests in the mind of the viewer. It's a tough call and no one can verbalize it to any of us. There's another point of view that suggests that each and every image is valid because it is the response of the individual to the object being photographed. No one sees the same vision in the same way, so it is yours.

You have some nice images here and you'll have to make your own determinations as to where you fit in all of that. My choice would be to make the image and deal with the rest later!

www.jefferyraymond.com