more uses for my umbrella and flash

anel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
hey everyone, i seem to have come to a bit of a stop in my portraiture.. whenever i go out to shoot with my umbrella and flash, i always seem to put it at a standartd 45° angle and then shoot-
-don't get me wrong, the results are awesome and everyone's happy, but what if i wanted more? what can i do with my flash and umbrella and still get that glamour, sophisticated look? let's say i'm shooting a girl and wanna make her as gorgeous as possible. any tips?

the second link looks great IgsEMT, i'm not feeling the first photo though, looks like the standard 45° angle i was talking about, and a softbox if i'm not mistaken?

well, we had a photoshoot today, it went great.. we basically did every possible position with the umbrella and i found out that 2 positions make the best photos.. at a 45 degree angle with sunlight as a rim light. second position is right above the camera aiming down at her.. makes really great effects. i tried shooting without umbrella and can say that comparing photos from with and without umbrella that i can almost say that the non-umbrella shots suck in comparison.

Did you use a shoot through or reflective umbrella.

i used a shoot through umbrella simply because i don't have a reflective one and am perfectly happy with the results i get from mine.

Most reactions

Back