More Yellow Flowers (for Meysha on her sugar high...)

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here we go then (to keep you on that high you are referring to in the other thread):

9_May_05_Raps2_websize.jpg

9_May_05_Raps1_websize.jpg

Is this plant really really called "rape" - I mean: like in RAPE ?????

I took photos of the same plant (there are super-large fields of them, giving the countryside wonderful yellow... spots would be the wrong word... areas!) last year with my "normal" camera, and I scanned them in right now, but much to my dismay, even my new scanner leaves me very unhappy with the scan results, and clean it as I might, there's "eternal dust" on it. I feel it is about time I download "Neat Image" at last!

Raps1_scan_Apr04.jpg

Raps2_scan_Apr04.jpg

Raps3_scan_Apr04.jpg

Hi, what a great theme at this time of the year. I think this plant really is called rape or rapeseed. When shooting these huge fields I always have the problem that the yellow in the final image turns out to look quite pale. It's much more intensive in nature ... Your closeups are great, especially those with the bees (wasps?)

So I wasn't too wrong. Had read about "rape fields" in a novel I was reading (in English) and thought it had to be this. But the double meaning of the word irritated me somewhat.

Deveel, do I understand your new (very well done!) avatar right? Is your name Stefan?

Well, would I know whether that insect is a wasp or a bee?
No, sorry, I don't.
All I remember from when I took those photos last year is they I found them eating out one blossom incredibly fast, often much faster than I was ready with that lens set to macro mode (which makes it very long, since I have to extend it to between 200 and 300mm) and with the manual focussing. I had so far never deemed these photos worthy enough of this board...

OMG I can't beleive I missed this thread! I don't think I've ever laughed so much!
LaFoto said:
Is this plant really really called "rape" - I mean: like in RAPE ?????
But even better....
LaFoto said:
I found them eating out one blossom incredibly fast, often much faster than I was ready
:shock: :shock: Those horny little bees. :shock:

I did have the same problem in the garden the other day taking flower photos. The bugs just don't sit still long enough.
I especially like numbers 1 and 2. What a shame about your scanner! Is it any better if you scan in off the negative? (if you can do that)

I think I've got a shot with little yellow flowers in it too. I'm gonna go hunting for it and post it.

and don't worry I'm still on my sugar high - I hit the rum and raisin icecream and chokky sauce this morning! Woo hoo! :mrgreen:

Most reactions

Back