morning iris

Discussion in 'Landscape & Cityscape' started by photobug, Apr 29, 2007.

1. photobug

photobug TPF Noob!

Shot just after sunrise in the flowerbed against a piece of black foam board. There was a band of clouds on the horizon that provided some nicely diffused light.

For once I did nothing to the saturation at all, these are adjusted for white balance and that's about it.

1. First view. I like this one because it shows just how complex a structure this flower has. I've never seen an iris formed like this one is.
    [​IMG]

2. Second view. I shot this specifically to show the serrated edge of the inner petal. The extra buds at the bottom seem to either be loved or hated- no middle ground here!
    [​IMG]

3. Same shot as #2, but cropped to take a bit off the top and the stem. The buds and the bit of fluff on the lower left petal were cloned out. I think I may put a bit back on the top, but I'm not sure yet. Some form of this pic will be entered in the county fair in August.
    [​IMG]

2. Tantalus

Tantalus TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Nice shots, I like the last one.

3. Mainiac

Mainiac TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Those are really nice! :thumbup: I love how the purple just pops off the black background.

4. photobug

photobug TPF Noob!

Thanks guys, these turned out better than I thought they would. That foam board sure gets a workout on flowers around here. :)