Morning, Mourning Dove

Canoncan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This Dove was captured very early this morning sitting on an outdoor feeder and I liked the colour the red morning sun hit her with.

Dove.jpg

I agree - the coloring is wonderful. Nice capture.

Why are you calling it a "mourning dove"? Does it look like it is in "mourning" to you? Wearing red??? ;)
(Well, yes, I know, I know, the red is from the he rising sun)
This is once again a very beautiful photo!
We begin to expect nothing less from you anymore, Peter!
You're getting in line with JonMikal, your brother-in-law, Cruzin, Anua, etc. (though not me :( ;)... ).

LaFoto said:
Why are you calling it a "mourning dove"? Does it look like it is in "mourning" to you? Wearing red??? ;)
(Well, yes, I know, I know, the red is from the he rising sun)
This is once again a very beautiful photo!
We begin to expect nothing less from you anymore, Peter!
You're getting in line with JonMikal, your brother-in-law, Cruzin, Anua, etc. (though not me :( ;)... ).

Thanks everyone. LaFoto the reason In the title is that is the name of the bird. It is called a morning dove, a cousin of the Rock Dove more affectionately known as a pigeon.

nice warm colors, I like it.

Beautifully backlit, with just enough exposure to capture frontal detail. Such a cute, puffed up little creature! :) I love this shot. Very peaceful moment.

One of the best I've seen from you; very good work! :thumbup:

Very nice but I guess many have already said that. The color is great! My only complaint is I wish the Dove would have been sitting on a wire or branch. If that were the case, the picture, in my mind, would be perfection...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back