Website
www.bryanmansell.co.uk
goose_mansell2007.jpg

duck_mansell2007.jpg

rower_mansell2007.jpg

boats_mansell2007.jpg

goose2_mansell2007.jpg

statue_mansell2007.jpg

The first is very close, but too close a crop for my liking (I sure would have wanted to see its beak), and it is not as sharp as a close-up of this kind would need to be. Also Photos 2 - 4 lack in sharpness.

The expression of the goose in 5 is funny. And I feel that a bit of unsharp mask could do the trick for that one to make it stand out (it deserves to stand out a bit more). The centred composition even works here, I think, though that black corner on the bottom right would need to be cloned out and replaced by the grass.

The first is very close, but too close a crop for my liking (I sure would have wanted to see its beak), and it is not as sharp as a close-up of this kind would need to be. Also Photos 2 - 4 lack in sharpness.

The expression of the goose in 5 is funny. And I feel that a bit of unsharp mask could do the trick for that one to make it stand out (it deserves to stand out a bit more). The centred composition even works here, I think, though that black corner on the bottom right would need to be cloned out and replaced by the grass.

Hi LaFoto, thanks for the feedback. I had to crop the first so close as there was railings in the way.

The sharpness thing is my big issue, I leave the focusing up to the camera and it doesn't seem to be getting it right. I wonder if some sensor is needing cleaned, or even if my lens needs cleaned.

I'm not sure about unsharp mask, I don't really like to edit my photos beyond colour/cropping

Most reactions

Back