Mosque in Syria

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by shayrgob, Aug 2, 2005.

1. shayrgob

shayrgob TPF Noob!

My bro took this pic while we were in Syria. This was taken in the outskirts of the city. I wish we took some pics of the inside of that mosque.

[​IMG]

2. aprilraven

aprilraven TPF Noob!

cool shot...i gotta ask two questions...what is the tall building with all the scaffolding? and is that a helicpter over the city in front of the mountain..or a bird ?? looks big to be a bird.. but i cant tell...

cleanest streets i have ever seen in a big city......
    oh, and welcome....

3. shayrgob

shayrgob TPF Noob!

Code:
    what is the tall building with all the scaffolding?
    That tall building is really obsolete these days but was traditionally used by having a man ascend to the top of it and make the call to prayer(Azhan).

Code:
     and is that a helicpter over the city in front of the mountain..or a bird ?? looks big to be a bird.. but i cant tell... 
    LOL! That's a bird. My bro didnt even know it was there when he took the shot.

Code:
    cleanest streets i have ever seen in a big city......

I really hope your being sarcastic. People there really believe there is nothing wrong w/ littering. The problem is that there is no law to enforce it. Here in the US, most are scared to throw anything out of their car window b/c they could be faced w/ really big fines.