Most Amusing Business Names

rexbobcat

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Since we have at least one or two "WHAT BUSINESS NAME AND LOGO" threads every month, I thought I'd see what some of the more...creative...business names you've seen.

I don't necessarily mean silly, but just names that are kitsch/cliche/heavy-handed.

I was on FB earlier and noticed that a friend of a friend of an acquaintance has a page called

For His Glory Photography

80560032.jpg

Two businesses from some years ago when I lived in San Francisco.
Both of these were on Polk St, formerly a rough trade pickup street in the evenings - Suckers Liquors & The White Swallow (a bar)

Currently:

Eye Gotcha Optometric
Thorough Bread & Pastry
Squat & Gobble Café

"Screamin' Eve (and Adam too)" a waxing bar.

Sherlock's Home (Restaraunt and English Pub)

Camel Towing (car towing service)

Colossal Cafe (funny because the place is only big enough to seat about 4 people at a time.)

Master Bait and Tackle

Sew What tailoring

Pump 'n Munch (gas station)

Red Rocket hobbbies

Wanted : One Night Stand (2nd hand furniture store)

When I lived in Istanbul, I saw two restaurants that were trying to knock off the Hard Rock Cafe. The first one was called the Rock Hard Cafe. The second one opened a few blocks from where I was living. I passed it one day a few weeks before it was open and saw that they had put the sign up: The Hard On Cafe. I mentioned to my Turkish colleagues that I hope someone tells them what that means. Apparently someone did, because the changed their name for the opening: The Hard One Cafe. I guess they couldn't afford an entirely different name but thought just adding an -e would be enough.

Driving through Dixie County in Florida years ago, I saw a roadside bar named The I Ain't Here Saloon.

In Bangkok there is a restaurant/clinic/tour bus service - Cabbages & Condoms is the restaurant/vasectomy clinis and they also run Vasectomy Tours. I lived across the Soi from it when I was 11 and it was very popular. I know it was still there a little over 10 years ago, not sure if it still is.

Saw this while riding our motorcycles along the coast just North of Kenebunkport, ME during our vacation this past summer.

20140815_123727.jpg

In Bangkok there is a restaurant/clinic/tour bus service - Cabbages & Condoms is the restaurant/vasectomy clinis and they also run Vasectomy Tours. I lived across the Soi from it when I was 11 and it was very popular. I know it was still there a little over 10 years ago, not sure if it still is.

I've been there. :1219:
It was somewhere in the low soi numbers off of Sukhamvit.
I have a picture somewhere, I'll see if I can dig it up.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back