Most Overrated Bands

KevinR

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I love talking about music and this should amuse and offend alot of people. Remember, this is all about personal opinion, so who in your opinion is the most overrated bands or solo artists. Someone that you just can't seem to get. And you can't put any of the easy stuff in here either (Hillary Duff, Ashley Simpson)

Let's start the flaming.....

Rolling Stones- Yuck. Don't get them, don't like them. The guitars don't even sound like guitars.

Aerosmith- My ears are bleeding from Steven Tylers voice. Cannot even stand to have any off the stuff they have done in the last 15 years on my radio.

eagles?? aerosmith???

ya'll aint right....

rolling stone suck hugely...
and i know i will catch flack for this, but i dont like u-2...
i just see no talent....sorry..

I do like some Aerosmith. Not all, but when they did click they had a good sound. :thumbup:

But whenever anyone put on the Eagles, I knew the party was over and it was time to (yawn) go home. :meh: Dullest.band.ever. ;)

terri said:
I do like some Aerosmith. Not all, but when they did click they had a good sound. :thumbup:

But whenever anyone put on the Eagles, I knew the party was over and it was time to (yawn) go home. :meh: Dullest.band.ever. ;)

great making out songs, though....( so i have been told.....giggle giggle..)

I'm wondering who will have the biggest pair to say The Beatles. Not that I'm saying them or anything. (drops and hides under the desk);)

ok ok, what about all "gangsta-stuff"?;) Eminem, 50 cent and so on... all grew up in the streets, were selling drugs and stuff and now make music that isn't really music (I don't mean rap or hip-hop, just that gagsta stuff, everybody is "G" even if he grew up with his grandma cuz ;) he has a gold chain, bling bling and stuff and I'M so tuff and so on..). don't them guys bother you fols? or is it just me who isn't "G-A-N-G-S-T-A" :mrgreen:

Careful... The BEatles are like my favourite band of all time.

But AC/DC and KISS:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown: 50 Cent, Rap in general. Rap sucks. It isn't music. I could pull a beat out of my @$$, put it to a poem, say I got shot 10 times and make a million bucks.:grumpy:

aprilraven said:
eagles?? aerosmith???

ya'll aint right....

rolling stone suck hugely...
and i know i will catch flack for this, but i dont like u-2...
i just see no talent....sorry..

Have you listened to "The Joshua Tree"? their best album, amazing work. But if you don't like them you don't like them.

Matty-Bass said:
50 Cent, Rap in general. Rap sucks. It isn't music. I could pull a beat out of my @$$, put it to a poem, say I got shot 10 times and make a million bucks.:grumpy:
I think that is quite ignorant. You can't classify a whole genre by some artists. As a whole trap music is terrible, the fact is it's the same with all genres. However I challnege you to not see the lyrical gernious in this:

[FONT=verdana, times new roman]"Rappers I monkey flip em with the funky rhythm I be kickin
Musician, inflictin composition
of pain I'm like Scarface sniffin cocaine
Holdin a M-16, see with the pen I'm extreme, now
Bulletholes left in my peepholes
I'm suited up in street clothes
Hand me a nine and I'll defeat foes
Y'all know my steelo with or without the airplay
I keep some E&J, sittin bent up in the stairway
Or either on the corner bettin Grants with the celo champs
Laughin at baseheads, tryin to sell some broken amps
G-Packs get off quick, forever n*ggaz talk sh*t
Remeniscing about the last time the Task Force flipped
Niggaz be runnin through the block shootin
Time to start the revolution, catch a body head for Houston
Once they caught us off guard, the Mac-10 was in the grass and
I ran like a cheetah with thoughts of an assassin
Pick the Mac up, told brothers, "Back up," the Mac spit
Lead was hittin niggaz one ran, I made him backflip
Heard a few chicks scream my arm shook, couldn't look
Gave another squeeze heard it click yo, my sh*t is stuck
Try to cock it, it wouldn't shoot now I'm in danger
Finally pulled it back and saw three bullets caught up in the chamber
So now I'm jetting to the building lobby
and it was filled with children probably couldn't see as high as I be
(So whatchu sayin?) It's like the game ain't the same
Got younger n*ggaz pullin the triggers bringing fame to they name
and claim some corners, crews without guns are goners
In broad daylight, stickup kids, they run up on us
Fo'-fives and gauges, Macs in fact
Same niggaz'll catch a back to back, snatchin yo' cracks in black
There was a snitch on the block gettin n*ggaz knocked
So hold your stash until the coke price drop
I know this crackhead, who said she gotta smoke nice rock
And if it's good she'll bring ya customers in measuring pots, but yo
You gotta slide on a vacation
Inside information keeps large n*ggaz erasin and they wives basin
It drops deep as it does in my breath
I never sleep, cause sleep is the cousin of death
Beyond the walls of intelligence, life is defined
I think of crime when I'm in a New York state of mind"

[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, times new roman]Please don't react to the few explicit words. 50 cent however is terrible.:wink:[/FONT][FONT=verdana, times new roman]
[/FONT]

I don't admit this often because my wife would smack me. But I think Dave Matthews band is overrated.. I should like their music as I love most anything in that genre. But I could never get into it.

All in all, I find most all mainstream bands are overrated. Not always true. And I 'm not one of those people that stops liking a band because they got big.

Daniel, sorry to have offended. But for me, it isn't just 50 Cent. Rap is not music. It is poetry. That's my view. They're good writers, but it isn't music in my eyes. I only believe in instrumental music. Lyrics don't make it for me. It's the actual melodies and harmonies that I like. I don't even like jazz with lyrics in it usually. Sure there are some good rap songs, but listen to the backtrack. Can you honestly say there are guitars and such in the background?

This is all my opinion... Sorry to have struck a chord.

Most reactions

Back