Most Overrated Bands

what's that grudge everyone's got against the eagles? Anyway, you gotta admit Hotel California is and will always stay a hit.
And yeah, gangsta thing is getting on my nerves too.
What's more? oh yeah, franz ferdinand. Except "the fallen", i don't think they've done anything outstanding after "take me out", just mostly repeating the same wining formula. That's a pity cause their guits are real good and they've got plenty of talent and they're just wasting it.

Justin Timberlake:grumpy:

And Michael Jackson. He was great, he's over now. He's just weird now. :er:

Rap, Hip Hop, or whatever it is called today is really a love it hate it thing, especially when there is an age thing happening.

I will admit, I like some old school stuff. Public Enemy, Run DMC, Kool Mo Dee where all very original at the time. But new stuff. Not for me.

Careful... The BEatles are like my favourite band of all time

Just for effect. Not my thing but I don't consider therm overated. I was more, as my dad would say, acid rock fan.

But I think Dave Matthews band is overrated

Good call

#1 over-rated band of the last 20 years... Nirvana

They are a mediocre whiny band who would have faded away if thier lead singer wasn't a coward and blew his brains out. The only good thing to come out of Nirvana was Dave Grohl.

Of the ones listed so far...I LIKE AC/DC (love em, actually) Aerosmith, U2.

I'm gonna have to agree with Santino on the boybands! :lol:

And Voodoocat, I'm glad I'm not the only one who tends to stop liking things once they get big. (I'm not so into music as you are, so it doesn't apply as much to music)

#1 over-rated band of the last 20 years... Nirvana
I think it was more attitude then the actual music that people got into, but I do agree with you.

Ok, what I'm about to say is probably like trying to extinguish a fire with vodka, but here: I hate The Doors! the only reason I respect'em is because they got their name out of one of Huxley's books, which means they have some basical culture, but I can't hear their music and seriously, "light my fire" sucks.

Ok here's a biggy. They are one of my faves, but even I too, see they're fast-growing overratedness :meh:

Green Day

I'm a huge fan, went to their concert when they came to Edmonton, loved it, they are still amazing. But their old stuff was all about dirty stuff, originally punk stuff. They've become (if people are familiar with the term) emo. Boulevard of Broken Dreams? Jesus of Suburbia? Are you KIDDING me? :grumpy:

Jesus of Suburbia isn't so bad, one of the first 7:00 minute songs of my time, but some of their other stuff is totally overrated. To add onto the overratedness, they haven't released a song since the early summer...

Alexandra said:
Ok, what I'm about to say is probably like trying to extinguish a fire with vodka, but here: I hate The Doors! the only reason I respect'em is because they got their name out of one of Huxley's books, which means they have some basical culture, but I can't hear their music and seriously, "light my fire" sucks.

"Light my Fire" sucks???? :shock: :hertz: I love that song!

Matty-Bass said:
Ok here's a biggy. They are one of my faves, but even I too, see they're fast-growing overratedness :meh:

Green Day

I'm a huge fan, went to their concert when they came to Edmonton, loved it, they are still amazing. But their old stuff was all about dirty stuff, originally punk stuff. They've become (if people are familiar with the term) emo. Boulevard of Broken Dreams? Jesus of Suburbia? Are you KIDDING me? :grumpy:

Jesus of Suburbia isn't so bad, one of the first 7:00 minute songs of my time, but some of their other stuff is totally overrated. To add onto the overratedness, they haven't released a song since the early summer...

Gotta agree here.
But still I kanda like the "I'm jesus nailed to the sofa suffering for my sins"... made me laugh. and the video's, well... no comment.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back