Most Overrated Bands

core_17 said:
"Light my Fire" sucks???? :shock: :hertz: I love that song!

Wow, that's one of my favourite songs! As a piano player, I have to appreciate the synth solo through the whole song. That's about all I've honestly heard from The Doors.:blushing:

I hate The Doors!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
:D

One of my favorites, but my wife cannot stand them either, no matter how much I have tried to drown her in them.:D

"light my fire" sucks

I think that big Doors fans do not consider it to be one of their best.

Ok, I knew I should've kept it quiet about the doors ;)
But being a huge lover of all old rock (60's-80's), I've gotta say they're absolutely not of the best I've heard. I can understand people who like'em, even my best friend's crazy about them and he's got all their vinyls and posters and stuff, so yeah, I understand people who might like them, but it's not my type at all.
Furthermore, I find it very strange that people know them so well and that nobody's ever heard of bands such as Uriah Heep and Slade... from my point of view, they're so much better...

Led Zeppelin.... If I wanted to hear a grown man groan with delight for himself for an entire album, I'd listen to Michael Jackson.

Alexandra said:
Ok, what I'm about to say is probably like trying to extinguish a fire with vodka, but here: I hate The Doors! the only reason I respect'em is because they got their name out of one of Huxley's books, which means they have some basical culture, but I can't hear their music and seriously, "light my fire" sucks.

Oh wow.... The Doors ? I have to disagree. They had their own sound and Jim Morrison was not only a poet but a very intelligent man. Yes, a lot of his stuff ( their stuff ) was the product of a few acid trips and whatnot but I definately think they were a great band for their time.

hobbes28 said:
Led Zeppelin.... If I wanted to hear a grown man groan with delight for himself for an entire album, I'd listen to Michael Jackson.
:lmao: Sacrilege! Okay, funny as hell, but sacrilege. It's not about the vocals of Robert Plant. It's about the guitar mastery and musical genius of Jimmy Page.

Nirvana had some songs that were borderline junk, but there was also mastery in some of the better ones. :thumbup: Wonderful band. I love Dave Grohl's stuff, but he's missing Kurt. ;)

Uriah Heep and Slade
Uriah Heep is very cool. Slade was a little to poppy for me.

Led Zeppelin....
I won't put them in the overated, but I know a number of people who would stab themselves in the heart before listening to a whole album.

ok, maybe that time I will lean too much out of the window but... Madonna :meh:
her voice doesn't impress me much, her music (which she doesn't write, I'm pretty sure) is just mainstream and I don't think that she's that pretty, sexy whatever (she seems to me just vulgar and raffish). she got famous in the 80's by some scandals and that's it.

santino said:
ok, maybe that time I will lean too much out of the window but... Madonna :meh:
her voice doesn't impress me much, her music (which she doesn't write, I'm pretty sure) is just mainstream and I don't think that she's that pretty, sexy whatever (she seems to me just vulgar and raffish). she got famous in the 80's by some scandals and that's it.

I was never a Madonna fan, but I found new respect for her when I fell in love with the movie/musical "Evita". Antonio Banderas sings in that too, and let me tell you, he's AMAZING!

Aw come on! Robert Plant is awesome!!!
Listen to his single album (dreamland). Listen to: "darkness,darkness", "morning dew", "one more cup of coffee"... actually to the whole cd. I you still think he sucks, well... you're wierd ;)

Most reactions

Back