Most ridiculous PC you've ever encountered

Rhys

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What's the most ridiculous PC you've ever encountered and how did you counter it?

I just got accused of sexism by somebody that clearly didn't understand what sexism meant. My usual response to this is "bye bye" and never bother with the person again.

ooh lets hear details ;)

for me-- gingerbread men must now be called gingerbread people so as not to be sexist..................................

ahh I see one of those cases ichy ban finger!- how long had you been trol--posting in that place anyway - ;)

I am on one forum *don't post much even though its a good community* which has some very professional moderating - harsh too if you take a wrong step, but professional in dealings and yet they still tollerate jokes - something like that would proably been ignored - at worst a weeks suspension.

I can't remember - maybe a year. One other place I had posted nothing for a week or two and just read the forum then suddenly I found myself banned with no notification nor explanation and no reply to my queries was ever forthcoming. I figure with badly moderated and membered forums, it's not really worth sticking around even after the bans expire.

Ooh and developments ocurred on the issue I mentioned and it proves yet again that dunderheads will always be dunderheads. Gee - I'm glad I don't have to deal with dunderheads too often.

I once had an arguement with a feminist who didn't like the term "manhole". After I pointed out the fact that man come from an original meaning of "to work" or something like that (it was a long time ago so details are sketchy these days), it shut her up realgood!

One detail I'll never forget though is that she was my English teacher. :lol:

I once had an arguement with a feminist who didn't like the term "manhole". After I pointed out the fact that man come from an original meaning of "to work" or something like that (it was a long time ago so details are sketchy these days), it shut her up realgood!

One detail I'll never forget though is that she was my English teacher. :lol:

Did you tell her that if women were supposed to work outside it would be called womanual labor? I like to make jokes like this, mostly because my actions are so opposite. I'm the least sexist person I know, so when I say stuff like that, its obviously a joke. The problem with the internet is you don't really get to know people well enough to determine the true intent behind the words.

I work with a woman who thinks women should find out how to have babies without the help of men, and then shoot every man alive. And she's serious...

Did you tell her that if women were supposed to work outside it would be called womanual labor? I like to make jokes like this, mostly because my actions are so opposite. I'm the least sexist person I know, so when I say stuff like that, its obviously a joke. The problem with the internet is you don't really get to know people well enough to determine the true intent behind the words.

I work with a woman who thinks women should find out how to have babies without the help of men, and then shoot every man alive. And she's serious...

so what will she do if she bears a son? strangle him with his umbilical cord? ridiculous.

They did find that if you change the temperature in the incubation chamber of chicken eggs, you could guarantee the gender of the offspring. Pretty much the same with crocodiles - hot wearther - loads of females, cold weather - lots of males.

There has been talk of egg-splicing too. Perhaps that might be possible one day. This does leave women that want heterosexual relationships with somewhat of a problem if men were out of the equation. More interestingly - what would they do with existing men - compulsory sex-changes? Marched off to the sex-change chamber by stern-faced Eunochs in grey suits? Sounds very 1984.

Women may rule, and men may drool....

....but I couldn't handle not having men on earth! 3/4 of my friends would be gone, and...well I like men.

Women may rule, and men may drool....

....but I couldn't handle not having men on earth! 3/4 of my friends would be gone, and...well I like men.

Lol. And rant as we do at each other, there's no doubt that the world would be a poorer place without men and women.

If women find a way to reproduce without men, they won't bear sons...you need a man's chromosomes to do so. :p

You been doing some research into this? Now that's scarey! :lol:

Was doing a small job at Noahs pre-school this afternoon & saw an old nursery ryme on the wall, except this one started "baa baa white sheep" :lol:

I'm sure the black sheep will object and rise up at being excluded, starting the beginning of the sheep wars! May the farm be with you all!

You been doing some research into this? Now that's scarey! :lol:

Was doing a small job at Noahs pre-school this afternoon & saw an old nursery ryme on the wall, except this one started "baa baa white sheep" :lol:

I'm sure the black sheep will object and rise up at being excluded, starting the beginning of the sheep wars! May the farm be with you all!

I remember one guy when I was in an organisation in Britain. He was black and any time somebody told him he couldn't do something, he'd accuse them of being racist. It was utter nonsense, of course, and wasted everybody's time proving they weren't racist and that he was just being a timewaster. It's ridiculous PC. The thing that really gets me is it's largely the good-for-nothings of all races that dream up this rubbish. It's designed with the short-term purpose to get them momentary noteriety and power but has long-lasting consequences. I once saw political correctness described as a way of gaining points for empty rhetoric while using grand sounding words containing a lot of syllables. I have also heard it described as another way of being nasty to one's fellow man in an acceptable way and without any fear of retribution.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back