Most suitable lens for landscapes, architectures, and interiors...

You need to register to see the images try posting them here.

Ladies and gentleman;

Which lens will be the most suitable for landscapes, architectures, and interior works?

Huh, you want it all in one? that is tough!

first of all, which camera system are you using?

for interior you would want a wide or even ultrawide angle. I am quite happy with 17mm, but on a smaller APS-C sensor with a 1.6 crop you might want something down to 12mm or even less.

In the canon world, the 17-40mm L 4 might be a good lens for you, or the 16-35mm L 2.8. But in both cases be prepared that you have to fight the distortion on the wide end of the lens in post processing.
And as said above, on digital APS-C sensors 17 or 16mm might still be too much for you.

For landscape from time to time you might something longer as well, keep that in mind. Not all landscape shots are best done in wide angle ... and also for architectural detail shots you might want something beyond 50mm ...

so I guess you would need two lenses at least, in particular since a wide zoom rang always means more distortion on the short and long ends, which is a pain in architectural photography.

Thanks guys.

BTW, I don't see a way to upload the photos here?

Anyway never mind, the photos are not that important since they are just landscape, architecture, and interior type shots. Basically I want to be able to capture this three areas of photography well.

I think you all guys should have the idea of this three areas of photography by now. :)

I've shot landscapes with my 17-55 and I've shot landscapes with my 80-200.

Most reactions

Back