mostly automotive - my photos

That Lambo is GOBSMACKING. Incredible colours, awesome contrast, and to top it all, a very, very nice sky (on both photos). The front-on M3 is fantastic as well, but I would personally have used a wider aperture to blur the house some more. The M3 in the car park (?) is pretty much perfect.

That's one helluva portfolio you've got there, man. I hope you continue!!!

moar e30's plz. and some e34's if you have them.....

You do excellent work.

I would love to see what a few of these shots looked like before you processed them. I struggle with lighting myself having to do most of it in PS as well.

moar e30's plz. and some e34's if you have them.....

I've only shot this one bmw. A guy with a e34 coupe never showed up, so that didn't pan out. I've got a e30 m-tech II lined up that I'm going to shoot when summer comes, along with a black 7-series that's getting lowered on some nice 20" wheels. Hopefully they show up! ;)

Because my canon 400d/xti had a snafu of some sort, this picture is actually shot as ISO 1600 (!)

bmwm302.jpg

That Lambo is GOBSMACKING. Incredible colours, awesome contrast, and to top it all, a very, very nice sky (on both photos). The front-on M3 is fantastic as well, but I would personally have used a wider aperture to blur the house some more. The M3 in the car park (?) is pretty much perfect.

That's one helluva portfolio you've got there, man. I hope you continue!!!

Thanks. I havn't been able to shoot that many cars, mostly because it's actually hard to get people to show up/agree to have their car photographed. And all of last summer got ruined for me, so that was a whole season wasted. Hopefully this summer will be better, with a new camera and more free time from work than last year.

diablo03new.jpg

Amazing shots!!!!

If you lived closer, I could bring you many exotic cars to shoot (my brother works for Aston Martin/Bently/Jaguar/Land Rover), I love automotive photography :)

Wish you lived closer ;)

Boored out of my mind today, so sat down with some old material and killed a few hours in photoshop.

Canon 400d with the ef-s 17-55 f2.8 again:

bmwm312.jpg

you got one of the best photoshop and photography skills ive seen..keep up the automotive shots..subscribed

Wow...They almost look like HDR photos. I would really love to learn what you do in photoshop to make these shots look so amazing.

Thanks for the positive feedback!

Both of the audi pictures contains elements of HDR. I ran all the exposures I took through photomatix (7 exposures) and then I created 3 different HDR-versions of each picture. I then loaded those 3 hdr pictures, along with the 7 exposures the camera took, into photoshop and combined elements from almost all of them to create the final image. I used a few different filters, dodge/burn and various adjustment layers in photoshop aswell. The first picture was around 11 layers when I worked on it.

As for a "how to" guide, that's out of the question I'm afraid. I've spent years teaching myself photoshop, so I hope you understand that I'm not willing to share my methods.

Those car shots are amazing, especially the Lambo and the M3 shots.

Most reactions

Back