ivomitcats

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
4723058697_58f9be12dd_b.jpg

C&C welcomed, don't be an assjackal, etc.

Her shoes are a little too big, haha.

I think the overly big shoes are a distraction in an otherwise good sort of HBO Hookers on The Point type of seedy motel after dark kinda' shot going on. The green white balance is perfect to convey the feeling of old-style fluorescent lighting. I wish more detail was visible on the dark tones of her skirt and legs--it looks a tad bit underexposed. But overall, you've done a pretty decent job of creating a theatrical look--it looks like it could be cover art for a detective novel or something like that.

^^ I agree with everything Derrel said.

Slightly underexposed for my taste but I think the composition and white balance is great.

It's also tilted. It looks like she's trying to hold the building up.

I would also make the background lighter.that would look MUCH better

And yet ANOTHER comment about the shoes. If there's anything that catches attention IMMEDIATELY, then it's those shoes, paired with the fact that the first thoughts about the technical side of the photos are: too dark.

Her shoes look a little to big in the back :/ aside from that, and it being a *little* too dark too see much..I do like the green hues! Maybe fix the tilt a smidge? Gorgeous model! Maybe do some more in the series? :)

Thanks for all the crits guys, I did some quick adjustments to her shoes, the tilt, and lighting.

newceop-1.jpg

I'd like to go back here and shoot more. I loved the location, this motel gave that natural 'green, brooding, urban' look with its lights and the wall colors.

I agree more light, but what really is bugging me is the area that is to the left of her upper back and head; those metal beams. When I was looking at it, I thought that her left arm was up in the air, or on the back of her head. Distracting to me. What F/stop did you use for this photo?
Other than that, I like the photo, she would look great in other environments too.

Most reactions

Back