Mother and Daughter

SoulfulRecover

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Had a shoot yesterday and would love some feed back. This was the first time shooting with a kiddo so young but I feel she took direction quite well and I had a blast shooting this set.

Overall, quite pleasant. Lovely location and lighting and processing. I think the child's somewhat unusual expression in shot #3 is a bit off-putting, but the other shots are nice. As far as gently-flared backlighted stuff, these look simply wonderful! Not too much gauziness, but just the right amount! Shots 1 and 2 are adorable! The last shot is very nice as well.

Beautiful photos, love the use of natural backlight for the high key shots. My only nit is that we can’t see mom’s face in #4 and #5.

You got some lovely shots of them (except that face in #3 isn't looking too thrilled with the whole thing at the moment).

The only thing is, and I admit I don't care for this overly bright light whatever style that's popular, is that it makes for a lot of contrast with the dark blue jeans and darkish red dress against that light fair hair and skintone and light background. If they were dressed in lighter color clothing it wouldn't have emphasized the jeans and dress so much I don't think, in the last two those stand out more than they do and overpower them.

Love that first one. I’d get rid of #3 due to the expression. I want to reach up and tuck her hair out of the way in the last 2. Sharon makes a great point about the dark clothing. Maybe lighten up the pants?

Thanks everyone. Ill try and lighten up the pants and dress. I suggested wearing lighter colors but it was ultimately out of my control. Im pretty sure I did a few with the mother looking at the camera while walking so I'll edit one of those as well. Not so sure about the one of the daughter leaning back though

Thanks everyone. Ill try and lighten up the pants and dress. I suggested wearing lighter colors but it was ultimately out of my control. Im pretty sure I did a few with the mother looking at the camera while walking so I'll edit one of those as well. Not so sure about the one of the daughter leaning back though

Not sure about this because only on my phone so can’t try it but what about cropping in on the girl leaning back and just having the mom’s arms?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back