Mother and son

Wow, .....lol DID NOT mean to start a quarrell....You asked if you did something right or wrong...I answered....the nicest way I thought...If you didn't wanna know what I thought...okay...I even said the info she needed was stored in your head (Max) and not mine own....sorry!

Okay, I'm just gonna concentrate on the picture here (the original):
The shadow detail is a bit off on the mother, just for safety on a shot like this, try a shutter speed lower than you would usually do, makes post-processing loads easier. And also, the top of the baby's head, the hair on the child, is sticking up to form horns, and to me, that detracts from the shot. I mean, I know it's a baby, but still. Once I saw the horns my eyes couldn't get away from them. I really like it in BW, but is there any chance I could see the original in color? Nice shot regardless!

Thank you all for your suggestions and no, I was not offended or considered any comments rude or crude. I realize that everyone has their own way of expressing themselves and especially so when offering crticism. That's why I come here and post my shots, to get advice. Different people have different preferences. I like to hear everyones suggestions and apply the ones that I like, to make my own style. As a few have requested here is the original shot.
IMG_6351.jpg

The color is beautiful as well, but I believe you cropped in the right spot! Adorable shot. I'm sure the mother loved it!

I kind of like the uncropped color version better.

But that's a personal preference. To each their own as you said Deadeye.

ITA. I like the uncropped color version too, but again, it just seems a little underexposed. And to me, learning a good exposure is one of the hardest but most important things in photography. The composition is great. I like how it's not centered, but the space on the left side doesn't draw attention away from the subjects. Have you messed around in PSP or PS with brighting up the colors or making it a little lighter? Or did you just do the b&w and the crop?

this is what i did in PSP. There is still shadows in the moms eyes, but overall the color of photo is brightened up a bit, and it's not as under exposed.

msedite.jpg

Dead eyes, are you just like me?

I haven't played around with the image much since I've been pretty busy lately and photography isn't how I make my livelyhood. Although I would like it to be... I'll try messing around with it and see if I can get something acceptable out of it. I like what mystar did to it though, makes the color pop a little more. And yes the mother likes this shot a lot, she's my wife...and yep, you guessed it, that's my son :)

Most reactions

Back