TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.bikeeurope.org.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My mate taking a swing at a football

DSCF4107-crop.jpg

I'd love to have had a better background, but i had to make do with this...

Would have been really cool to use a rear curtain sync flash to get that last position he was in.... :)

Not absolutely certain, but I think it's a flash that you set to flash at the end of a prolonged exposure. By doing this you get the blur like what you have in your picture, but the very final part of the exposure is sharp so you can clearly see where he ended.

You need an external flash for this - the on-camera flashes don't allow you to only fire at the END of a long exposure (second curtain), but will be set to flashing at the beginning of a long exposure (first curtain) ... though, cough-cough :oops: erm ..., to tell you the truth I have never so far investigated in this ... maybe on-camera flashes do allow you to do this? Uh-oh... one for me to check and find out!

Anyhow, this is a fun photo! :D Only do I miss the ball a little. But that was long gone before your long exposure was over, of course.

Thanks guys. I'm limited to a P&S camera, so external flashes are somewhat out of my reach.

LaFoto: you can just about see the ball in front of his standing foot - unfortunately it's not too clear though.

Thanks for the comments :)

Some advice: try to make this type of picture on dark background only.

Most reactions

Back