Motocross C+C

burstintoflame81

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was just driving around today aimlessly, and I passed a track with a bunch of riders practicing. So I stopped and took some shots. This is the first one I finished editing. I will probably upload a few more when I finish them. This was my first attempt at shooting fast action. ( This is why I started with a pic with the action coming at me :lol: )

motocross1.jpg

i see the same picture 7 times...

I had an error, but fixed it now. You should see them all.

Wow, I like them all. Great action shots!

But #5....such a cool effect! Crop out the flag thing on the right, make it more of a portrait perspective and I'd hang it on my wall.

Wow, I like them all. Great action shots!

But #5....such a cool effect! Crop out the flag thing on the right, make it more of a portrait perspective and I'd hang it on my wall.

Thanks. Yeah I was thinking of getting rid of the flag, but the foreground and everything was so basic, I decided to leave the flag. Thats the finish line area right in front of the bleachers.

A lot of these shots had parking lots and cars going by on the street nearby, so it was hard trying to crop those ones in a decent enough way to not have to clone out a million things.

I've taken quite a few motocross photos myself and from what I've found, the closer to the subject the better. Otherwise, the rest of the landscape in the background/foreground is too distracting from the actual subject of the rider.

I've also found that interesting angles make really cool motocross photos. Since a lot of people take the standard jump shots, an interesting angle of that same jump makes your photo really stand out!

Last edited:
I find it makes a cool effect if you sit at the top of a jump with a nice wide angle, it makes the rider seem so... close?

That appears to be ET Motopark. I have taken pics out there and would also be out there riding this weekend if I were not recovering from a torn ACL from riding haha. It seems that the closer you are the better the pics will be.

As a general rule they do not let spectators out on the track which makes it hard except for where the track is near the parking and grandstand area. I, however, ride my bike out on the track and then stop and take pictures.

I, however, ride my bike out on the track and then stop and take pictures.

Mental picture:

"Ready? Set? GO!"

*Riders race off*

"GUYS....HOLD ON! I need to take your pictures!! Oh hell..."

:lmao::lmao:

That appears to be ET Motopark. I have taken pics out there and would also be out there riding this weekend if I were not recovering from a torn ACL from riding haha. It seems that the closer you are the better the pics will be.

As a general rule they do not let spectators out on the track which makes it hard except for where the track is near the parking and grandstand area. I, however, ride my bike out on the track and then stop and take pictures.

Yep that is ET. Yeah, I couldn't get on the track and had never been there before. Plan on going back again sometimes when the lightings different and now that I have a better idea of the layout and stuff.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back