Motocross

I met him Saturday great guy very nice. Some really good work and well respected around the two wheel community.

High Point Raceway 6/8/13 250 Moto 1

DSC_0237copy_zps3e608937.jpg

DSC_0189copy_zps0482fd8d.jpg
1: Out of focus, the white on Ken's jersey looks blown, bring out the shadows more, shallower DOF, higher shutter speed (I usually shoot 1250-1600), I'd leave more room at the bottom vs the top.

2: Did you crop this image or just have the ISO too high as it looks noisy? Blown out (to be fair sometimes you have to blow out the sky to get these shots), higher shutter speed.

Better??

DSC_0239copy1_zps0a73baa2.jpg

Shutter speed is better here.
There are some better shots but I won't post them online.
What are you afraid will happen if you post your best work?
You apply and show them a portfolio or you are hired to cover the event.
MX Sports doesn't give out credentials to freelancers, you have to be on assignment.
I met him Saturday great guy very nice. Some really good work and well respected around the two wheel community.
Yeah Simon is a legend in this industry/sport. BTW were you expecting his accent? lol

Wow! I love both these shots. Such excellent colors, and perfect moments. Well done!

For me the 1st is better but I like both.

I'd say you have a bit too much DOF in the first though, the subject could do with being slightly more isolated against a busy background although I suppose everyone's preferences are different.

Disagree with needing to tell a story - the photo looks good but I would have used a faster or slower shutter to blur the background more with panning or keep it completely un-blurred depending on preference. As is, it's a bit between the two which detracts from it IMO.

Look forward to seeing some more!

Most reactions

Back