Motor Week 09 - Mad Mopeds

polymoog

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.polymoog.se
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Motor Week is a yearly event held in the town of Lycksele in northern Sweden. With over 30,000 visitors each year it is one of the biggest events of its kind in the country and owes much of its success to the variety of things on offer and the commitment of those involved.

This first event was basically a moped race, with two categories, one for standard and one for modified. Then there was a display of completely mad lawnmowers with snowmobile engines in (!) and finally some ATVs were put through their paces on a small off road course. As always, any C&C welcome ... :)

mop027.jpg

mop031.jpg

mop033.jpg

mop035.jpg

mop036.jpg

mop038.jpg

mop040.jpg

mop041.jpg

mop046.jpg

mop051.jpg

mop056.jpg

mop057.jpg

mop072.jpg

mop074.jpg

mop075.jpg

mop077.jpg

mop083.jpg

mop084.jpg

mop086.jpg

mop087.jpg

mop089.jpg

mop090.jpg

mop092.jpg

mop104.jpg

mop107.jpg

mop114.jpg

Last edited:
Helpful hint....please number your pictures.

All pretty good shots, but I really like #7...great panning shot, and it shows the intensity of high-speed competition.

I also love the red bike in #'s 10 & 11...Ape Hangers on a moped. :lmao:

Helpful hint....please number your pictures.

I normally do but I forgot this time, sorry! Thanks for reminding me :) Have now fixed it ... Glad you like the pics, was trying some new panning techniques here so the results were a bit hit & miss ...

I love the facial expression in #3! But I think #17 has the advantage...looks like he's using a dirt bike when everyone else uses mopeds... ;)

Thanks everyone, and yes nr 17 was in fact only on display and not competing as it was a veteran event, and his was a brand new and somewhat modified moped, but they wanted some kind of yardstick to see what the difference would be between old modified and new modified ;-)

It must be all those hours of winter darkness that make you crazy over there in Scandinavia :lol:
Nice shots:thumbup:

It must be all those hours of winter darkness that make you crazy over there in Scandinavia :lol:
Nice shots:thumbup:

Thanks, yeah during the long winter months people just stay inside and build completely ridiculous creations ;-)

Nice pans, It looks like a fun event. I love the fact that some were able to show boat for ya lol.. good stuff.

Thanks, yes it's always cool when people wave to the camera etc :)

Thanks guys, Flower Child : shutter speed varied but was usually 1/125 or 1/160 :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back