motor

entropysedge

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
valmotor2.jpg

This was taken with my Fujifilm A210 point and shoot... the owner of the bike was demostrating how smooth his bike ran.

this photo is hard to look at. Maybe a tighter crop or less of one. There is a lot of lines in the photo going in every direction. I also feel the color is flat. Its all the same color and nothing really draws you in. My eye has a hard time finding what it is you want me to look at.

I have a preferance for B&W so I think this looks a lot better. Its still hard to identify with the subject and exactly what your looking at. These kind of photos are usually best used when you take three or more shots and combine them togother to tell the story of the image (kind of like a poster where all three photos are displayed seperatily on one image) to tell the story of the image. Unless you can shot a logo or something so identifable that anyone could relate to it.

I'll have to remember that next time I'm shooting motorcycle shots; that way I'll have the photos to make a series (not everyone would know by my photo that this is a picture of a Honda Valkyrie motor). Perhaps a picture involving the tank of the bike as well as the motor....

Those are the shots I like.

I should have mentioned earlier if you don't have a good polorizing filter i would get one. It will help to take the glare out of chrome.

I will have to post some of my motorcycle shots I got. I spent three years as a print designer for a American V-Twin mail order parts company (Fog Hollow) and got to spend alot of time around the bikes. You won't believe all the good angles you can find to shot these beautiful machines.

I do have a polorizing filter for my Fuji S20 (which I got in early December); this picture was taken with a FinePix A210 point and shoot last September, which unfortunatly does not even have the capability to use any filters with, hence the new camera.

I look forward to seeing your motorcycle shots!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back