joey4copy.jpg

cody7copy.jpg

cody3copy.jpg

clinton15copy.jpg

joey15copy.jpg

clinton16copy.jpg

joey8copy.jpg

joey7copy.jpg

this was only my 2nd time using my new xti...I could have gotten on the track but didnt.. these were all from the side.. it was espically my 2nd time taken action pics haha n useing the settings on the camera so any help would be appericated.. i used a shutter of 400 n an iso of 100 and WB on auto n sunny couldnt see to much of a difference with those

Nice track where is this ?
First off looks like you tried to be creative that is good maybe a lil too much camera angle goin on that the back ground doesnt flatter too well but this is how you learn..

Shutter priority makes it easy,butnot fool proof ! You need to take some readings on the track and shoot in manual mode to lock in better exposures these are just on the dark side of being better.... :) Keep it up your off to a good start

Nice Shots! The one thing I noticed was they are all slightly underexposed... But really good!!!

explain a little more.. lol if you could.. it was so sunny out when i took it i couldnt see the screen to tell how the picture was comeing out.. every time i took a few i would look at them on the screen but like i said it was so bright out i couldnt see the screen... and like i said more details on the exposure thing...

im gonna get on the track next time an get some real close ups n try the manual mode i have a couple weeks to learn how to use it before i go again.. the angle thing was trying new things.. i couldnt get close to get any of the ones in the air that i really wanted...

im gonna get on the track next time an get some real close ups n try the manual mode i have a couple weeks to learn how to use it before i go again.. the angle thing was trying new things.. i couldnt get close to get any of the ones in the air that i really wanted...

I shoot at the track from time to time, and IMO, big air shots all become the same unless they are throwing down huge tricks. Maybe it's because I take the pictures wrong, but they just look like a bike in the air. haha.

Which lens are you using? If using the kit lens you will want to stomp it down as much as possible to keep images sharp. It'll only do 5.6 at 55mm, but maybe try backing it off to get F4. The track looks like you can get close which is good.

Also, nice track! Ours are mostly clay and get hard packed quickly. I find it difficult to ride, but then again I'm more of a trail rider. Turning on hard pack with "marbles" isn't what I excel at. haha.

Here are some pics from my last outting:

jpg07-3.jpg

jpg04-5.jpg

jpg01-5.jpg

hey im going back tommaro to take some more pics i used an iso of 100 last week and a WB of auto and a 400shutter... someone said they were underexposed what would u say i should try...to maybe change it around and stuff im gonna try the manual mode thing n see how they come out

Set it to AV mode. You'll want a larger F-stop to increase the shutter speed as much as possible.

If you find your pictures are underexposed, change your settings from there. There is no set setting you can use. All depends on the light, and shooting position. I move around the track so one position's settings most definitely don't work at anothers.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back