Motorcross

Shibby!

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Just one picture. I went a couple weeks ago and got some stellar pictures, but thought I'd just share one even though most turned out very well.

Opinions? Improvements? etc?

Feel free to edit.

Quinn

WildRoseApril16th08136Edit.jpg

Nice shot! The lighting is great. Too bad it wasn't a KTM or another coloured bike, as I find the white fender blends in with the back light.

AWESOME!!!!!!!!

I dont think i'd be able to get this close

Can you post some more?

Yup.

That was shot at 10mm, so what looks close in the picture is nowhere near what it was in real life. There were times where boots were almost touching the camera lens.

I have a few others. In this particular angle I have a honda, KTM, and a blue Yamaha. I think there might also be a kwaker.

I have a less edited picture and I think I like it more. I increased the sharpening on this (with large Radius), and then ran a highpass overlay which almost makes it look over sharpened.

010.jpg

011.jpg

Below is Marty Halmazna. He's a local finisher of Red Bull's Last Man Standing and Ezberg Rodeo in Austria. For those who don't know, those some of the hardests races in the world designed to push riders to the limit. Over 2000 people enter from around the world, 500 qualify, and not much more then a dozen or two finish. You race along side riders like David Knight, Travis Pastrana, etc.

jpg08-3.jpg

jpg09-4.jpg

jpg06-4.jpg

jpg07-4.jpg

jpg04-6.jpg

jpg02-6.jpg

jpg07-3.jpg

Again, amazing shots!

Haha.

I'm right there by the bikes.

Sometimes they are coming pretty close but I seem to make it work. I get dirty from time to time.

The tracks are good here because I can go anywhere on the track provided I'm not stupid, or getting complaints from riders. It's also nice since the Canadian Pro's race alongside the locals. Everybody seems to get a long.

The blurry shots are usually because I can only run 1/200 sync speeds on my flash. Amazingly, since I shoot with such a wide angle, they all turn out pretty darn good. I wouldn't be able to do it with my 70-200 or even above 50mm probably. I forget the rule. 1/200 @ 200 with perfect lighting, but that doesn't consider a fast moving subject.

Nice work with wide angle,always adds to the excitment in motocross when you get close :) only nitpic was some clipped tires is all

The second batch are amazing!! Nice compostions on all of them!!

some of these shots belong right in RacerX, great work

Most reactions

Back