Motorcycles

Thought I'd just share a few of my photos taken over the last few years (haven't really gone into motorcycle photography mode yet, so far I've taken more or less a chronicler's position on tours and such which won't really interest anyone who hasn't been present):

One of my women cyclist friends' petrol tank after a particularly vicious downpour:
uschistank.jpg

my very own topcase after the previous few hours' constant drizzle and sludge (with one of the other girls' scathing comment, translating into "SOW", added)
sau.jpg

my reflection in my now-ex-boyfriend's exhaust (I was then restricted to his little digicam):
gadebusch9kl.jpg

and the very same exhaust plus a few more on one of the Elbe ferries:
faehre02.jpg

Don't tell me you're what we call a "Saisonschwuchtel", i.e. "seasonal fairy/poofter/***got" ????? :D

Um..excuse me? Here in Virginia, between the months of November and March the weather is such that riding is nearly impossible. HOWEVER, because I am a stubborn female with a severe addiction to riding, unless is it pouring rain or 10 below freezing, I am always up for a ride. Also, the "season" that I speak of is the Moto GP race season which runs from March until November.

As for a few posts prior.. there is no "inevitable fall" in that picture. That is how they take turns in those types of races.

no falling there... the ice bikes run hundreds of studs... although not the same as you seen on some AMA-Sponsored racing... some of the canadian and euro ice racing involved long pointed spikes... these are actually screws specially designed for the ice...with shapened edges...

That's what they call gliding, right?

How photogenic was he after - what I assume to be - the inevitable fall????? :wink:

Ooops - BIG misunderstanding here! No offence intended!!!!!

Um..excuse me? Here in Virginia, between the months of November and March the weather is such that riding is nearly impossible.
the "season" that I speak of is the Moto GP race season which runs from March until November.

Okay, I guess an explanation is in order - over here, when we speak of "the season" we mean the season for cycling. Lots of people don't have their bikes taxed and registered over the winter months (roughly Oct/Nov - Feb/Mar depending on hardiness) and you don't see many bikes on the roads then. What's in between is known as "the season".

HOWEVER, because I am a stubborn female with a severe addiction to riding, unless is it pouring rain or 10 below freezing, I am always up for a ride.

Same here. Mind you, I draw the line at freezing - unless I can be absolutely sure the roads are absolutely bone-dry! Oh, and fog definitely puts me off riding, too.

no falling there... the ice bikes run hundreds of studs... although not the same as you seen on some AMA-Sponsored racing... some of the canadian and euro ice racing involved long pointed spikes... these are actually screws specially designed for the ice...with shapened edges...

Couldn't make any of those out in the pic - maybe I should seriously be thinking about new prescription glasses... :(
And as we never get that sort of ice in these parts I'm just not familiar with this side of the sport at all.

Couldn't make any of those out in the pic - maybe I should seriously be thinking about new prescription glasses... :(
And as we never get that sort of ice in these parts I'm just not familiar with this side of the sport at all.

Actually thats a compliment... =) when shooting ice racing you generally want perspective of motion... meaning the wheels moving not stopped still... so I did my job ;)

If you look here:
http://trjphotography-rossm.fotopic.net/c1174044.html

There are a lot of stopped action pics that you can see the studs in... this was done back with my older 1D and was one of the first times using the set up on the ice... so I had a lot more stopped pics then I do now shooting... =)

First trackday of the season for us! Yay! I took 946 pictures and my head hurts too much to look through all of them again. I'm worn out and sunburnt but here's a few pics...

~Images deleted

streetfighter

Petesbike.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back