Alison

Swiss Army Friend
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
fatephoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well now, there was much talk about your garden last week....any photos of it?

Now then my little Penguin Princess, can you tell me what your doing in 27 days time????

ok anty, i had nothing to do with you being up next...... K?!...... i know i said i'd bribe alison but that didnt happen..... (right alison!?)......

So anyways..... lets cut to the chase..... im sure everyone here wants to know the big question...... whats with the penguin fetish?! :mrgreen:

.......:hugs:

Hahah, no bribes....I just randomly picked her! :D

Alison said:
Well now, there was much talk about your garden last week....any photos of it?
I live in a condo, so the garden plot is a little 20'x25' plot I rent from the City. It's near Toronto's waterfront, and is in an area about the size of a football field, divided into these little gardens. My first ever attempt at gardening was last year, and I made all sorts of beginners mistakes (like planting stuff too close together), but had a ton of fun. So it's not exactly a good looking garden. ~~~It's a holiday here in Canada, and I'll be dropping by the garden later today, so will grab a pic and post it. [A huge storm went through here a few days ago, so I'm hoping it didn't blow the heck outta the flowers.]

lostprophet said:
Now then my little Penguin Princess, can you tell me what your doing in 27 days time????
In exactly 26 days and one hour, I'll be landing at Heathrow for a long weekend visit to a friend in Hammersmith, who just got engaged, and meeting a bunch of TPF types for the London meetup!! :D

Since Lostprophet has posted that he can only attend on the second day of the meetup (27 days from now), I guess 27 days from now will be when I meet Otter-man in person.

EBphotography said:
Congrats Antartican! Whats your favorite food?
Wooo, hard to narrow it down! I like grilled/bbq steak, wiener schnitzel, the white meat of chicken done just about any ol' way, and traditional turkey dinner. (Didn't narrow it down much at all, did I? And those were my knee-jerk responses...if I sit and think about it, I'd probably make a huge list...)

core_17 said:
What do you do for a living?

Do you have any pets? If so....can we see a pic?
I'm a lawyer. I do civil litigation (lawsuits) as opposed to criminal, and mainly act for (ie defend) municipalities, school boards and police forces when they are sued. Which they are, a lot! This may devolve into a rant, so be prepared.... no one seems to take responsibility for their own actions anymore. Accidents happen, folks, but nowadays the first reaction is to look for someone to sue. Cases I've had to defend include parents suing cuz their kid got hurt when she fell on wet grass in the schoolyard while playing soccer, a guy who stood up on top of a fully loaded haywagon and reached out to touch a stoplight (and got knocked off the wagon in the process...it was apparently the stoplight's fault), people who run on snow in high heels and fall, etc etc. Sheesh, get a life people! But I digress.

Nope, don't have any pets as they aren't allowed in the condo. Growing up, we had cats for a few years (I took in a pregnant stray when I was about 8 years old), then two different toy poodles (as my brother is allergic to dog hair). I love love love animals, but I work long hours, so it would be unfair to an animal to be left alone for such long periods. Kids are allowed in the condo (hee hee) but sadly, I don't have any.

Antarctican said:
I'm a lawyer. I do civil litigation (lawsuits) as opposed to criminal, and mainly act for (ie defend) municipalities, school boards and police forces when they are sued. Which they are, a lot! This may devolve into a rant, so be prepared.... no one seems to take responsibility for their own actions anymore. Accidents happen, folks, but nowadays the first reaction is to look for someone to sue. Cases I've had to defend include parents suing cuz their kid got hurt when she fell on wet grass in the schoolyard while playing soccer, a guy who stood up on top of a fully loaded haywagon and reached out to touch a stoplight (and got knocked off the wagon in the process...it was apparently the stoplight's fault), people who run on snow in high heels and fall, etc etc. Sheesh, get a life people! But I digress.

Nope, don't have any pets as they aren't allowed in the condo. Growing up, we had cats for a few years (I took in a pregnant stray when I was about 8 years old), then two different toy poodles (as my brother is allergic to dog hair). I love love love animals, but I work long hours, so it would be unfair to an animal to be left alone for such long periods. Kids are allowed in the condo (hee hee) but sadly, I don't have any.

You're a lawyer!? SWEET!

And yeah...those sound like some ridiculous lawsuits, alright!

ok then, whats your favorite music / singer / band etc etc

Oh and what present are you getting me for the London Meetup ??:lol:

whats behind the name 'Antarctican' :D

Hey Anty...sooo cool to see ya next.
Dont worry about the garden. I cycled by last night and things look good. I did not be head any of your marigolds. :playball:

I know you have travelled a lot, but is there any destination that you really really want to see, that you have not yet been to.

Most reactions

Back