MOTW - Digital Matt

^^^ and your VERY lucky!.... good choice of dvd too.... some people have everything lol.

I'll think of a question later :mrgreen:

MommyOf4Boys said:
as I asked Peanuts....How many licks does it take YOU to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop? :D

I can't remember the last time I had a tootsie roll, but probably a lot. I like to take my time.

EBphotography said:
Congrats! Tell us about your first experiences with photography. And a picture of...your car! Congrats again!

My first "serious" experiences with photography came about 6 or 7 years ago. I was a fledgeling graphic designer, and wanted to take some of my own stock photos and texture maps. I bought a point and shoot digital, and quickly realized that I enjoyed taking photographs more than anything else. The rest is history. A very devoted obession with photography.

What's your #1 tip for a) Photography and b) Photoshop?

Do you have more than one camera, Matt? If so, tell us which camera you enjoy shooting the most, and why.

And, do you tell Marjorie how beautiful she is on a regular basis? ;) Okay that's kind of rhetorical, but you get to answer it anyway.

Big Mike said:
What's your #1 tip for a) Photography and b) Photoshop?

I think I'll give two tips, and they are the same for both.

1: Take your time. There's no rush. I see so many people that say "I did this in 30 seconds in photoshop", or they fill up a memory card in 15 minutes, shooting landscapes. Slow down. I try to really think to myself when taking photos, or using photoshop, "Am I really trying to do a good job here, or am I just 'doing' it."

2: Practice, practice, practice. :)

terri said:
Do you have more than one camera, Matt? If so, tell us which camera you enjoy shooting the most, and why.

And, do you tell Marjorie how beautiful she is on a regular basis? ;) Okay that's kind of rhetorical, but you get to answer it anyway.

I have lots of cameras. I have 8x10" and 4x5" field cameras. I have a Mamiya M645, a polaroid land camera, a Canon 20D, Canon Eos 50, Canon Elan II, and an Olympus Penn IIe.

I have to admit that I haven't even used the field cameras yet. I've had them about a year, and have been so busy with school, and spending so much on film, that I can't really afford to yet. Once I setup my home darkroom, I plan to break them out and try some paper negs, and then move on to real negs. I would really love to shoot 8x10 Velvia :)

I have to say though, that my favorite is the Mamiya M645. There's no meter in it, so I have to use my handheld meter, and really slow down and think about things. I find myself not only enjoying the process more, but also enjoying the scene I am photographing, whether it's a building, a tree, or a person.

My wife's full name is actually Margarita, and Marge for short. I tell her I love her a thousand times a day. I pack her lunch for work and hide little notes in there for her to read at lunch.

Digital Matt said:
My wife's full name is actually Margarita, and Marge for short. I tell her I love her a thousand times a day. I pack her lunch for work and hide little notes in there for her to read at lunch.

:goodvibe: :goodvibe: :goodvibe:

^^ This made me smile. :D :D :D

What kind of movies do you enjoy?

Do you have a favorite type of photog?.... i mean do you get more enjoyment out of setting up your alien bees and doing studio work..... or by going out somewhere new and capturing some landscapes?..... or would you not put one above the other?

core_17 said:
:goodvibe: :goodvibe: :goodvibe:

^^ This made me smile. :D :D :D

What kind of movies do you enjoy?

I like all types of movies, as well as great documentaries, like War Photographer, Born into Brothels, March of the Penguins, etc....

Some of my all time favorite movies are foreign films like, Cinema Paradiso, Like Water for Chocolate, and Amelie, any Akira Kurosawa film, and many others. I really love sci-fi movies too, like THX-1138, Stargate, the original, stressing ORIGINAL Star Wars Trilogy :p

I could go on all day about movies :p

Archangel said:
Do you have a favorite type of photog?.... i mean do you get more enjoyment out of setting up your alien bees and doing studio work..... or by going out somewhere new and capturing some landscapes?..... or would you not put one above the other?

I think I'll always enjoy nature and wildlife photography the most. I've always had a passion for being in wild places, deep in the woods, or on the beach during a storm. Photography is my excuse to be out there, with tons of cool equipment, and not look like a total lunatic :p

Studio photography, and photojournalism are two areas I'm trying to improve upon, and learn more about. In doing so, I'm beginning to really enjoy them as well.

1 can you tell me how to spell memeber? 2 if you think the mam is slow wait till you break out the LF, results are magnificent but setting up the camera even with practise, is a long haul, mistakes are costly too. Double check everything and re member M + 1 squared.

Flash Harry said:
1 can you tell me how to spell memeber? 2 if you think the mam is slow wait till you break out the LF, results are magnificent but setting up the camera even with practise, is a long haul, mistakes are costly too. Double check everything and re member M + 1 squared.

Actually, that was my typo in his signature not his.

Margarita is a gorgeous name!

The drink is kinda yummy too :mrgreen:

Matt, when can we expect the pitter-patter sound of Mini-MargMatt'lings feet?

P.S I know this is a cliche question to couples who have just married. I couldn't resist ;)

Most reactions

Back