MOTW - JTHphoto

JohnMF said:
Who is the most famous person you've ever met?
I completely forgot about Jason Terry & Mike Bibby (Dallas Mavericks & Sacramento Kings, respectively). I had classes with them at UofA in 1997 when they won the Championship. Mike Bibby and some of the other players use to sit in the back of one of the huge lectures I was in (~500 people). Jason Terry sat right behind me in a smaller class (~25 people).

Antarctican said:
(Great interview so far!!)

Did you get out kayaking this summer, as I think you said you wanted to?

If you could travel anywhere, at no cost to you, where would you go?

on kayaking...
unfortunately I did not. my cousin and his gf have a couple that they brought up there, but it just never worked out. They only went out twice, and kept getting rained out. I have only been once, on my honeymoon in Kauai. I loved it, i'll go again someday.

on traveling...
if you know someone handing out free money for traveling, hook me up! There are so many places that I would love to experience, but I'll say Australia/New Zealand. The photos I see coming out of that part of the world are just... enthralling.

JTHphoto said:
on traveling...
if you know someone handing out free money for traveling, hook me up!
Ha! Get in line! If I won the lottery, I'd be packing my bags and hitting the road/air.

If you had to live in a different City than you do now, where would it be?

Mansi said:
hey jason good to see you in here!!! been a good read tooo :)

so let me ask you then... how did you venture into photography?

thanks, mansi, good to see you too. :D I learned quickly when I joined TPF to keep my eyes open for your threads... your street portraits are so inspiring.

do you mean photography in general? is that different than how I answered Jeff's question? see #24 ^^. I was always interested in it, I just didn't know how to get started until my parents bought me a 35mm Rebel as a birthday gift some 9-10 years ago. Been hooked ever since.

Antarctican said:
Ha! Get in line! If I won the lottery, I'd be packing my bags and hitting the road/air.

If you had to live in a different City than you do now, where would it be?

yeah, it would be nice to have a limitless supply of money to travel. There are so many places in N. America that I want to see, I get overwhelmed with even thinking about the whole world. I haven't even seen my whole state yet!

different city...
I've lived here my whole life and don't really know any different, so that's a tough question, this feels like home. If I had to live somewhere different, i would choose a smaller town in Northern Arizona so I was still relatively close to friends and family but closer to the areas that I love to spend my free time. Maybe Pinetop/Lakeside, Prescott, or if I had to pick one, Payson, but that's only 2 hours away. If I had to move out of state, i would probably give Colorado a shot. Like Denver or I had a friend that lived in Ft. Collins, that always looked like a beautiful area.

what is the weirdest food you have ever eaten?

chris82 said:
whos your favorite super hero

WAFFLEMAN. (you have to say it like he says it)

you have to have seen Mystery Men... :lol:

JohnMF said:
what is the weirdest food you have ever eaten?
I grew up hunting, so some people might think quail gizzards are pretty weird, but really not bad at all. Rattlesnake is awesome, it's been awhile though. More mainstream would be probably be escargot on a cruise when I was 15.

chris82 said:
:lmao: I havent seen it but waffelman..sounds good.

it was very small part, and I'm not sure of his qualifications as a "Superhero" but I have only seen that movie once and can't get the way he says his name out of my head...

as a kid, i used to like Mighty Mouse. "Here I come to save the day!!!"

photo gal said:
Hi Jason.....great interview......now what I would like to know is......which of your photos is your favorite??? : )

And, do you dream in color and are there any dreams that reoccur?

favorite photos...
I think there is no question this was one of my most popular images on tpf, I am quite pleased with the way it turned out.

redrock_4323share.jpg

this is a close second for me, but I am biased... ;)
james_56748x10nobranches_filteredsh.jpg

on dreams...
I'm pretty sure I dream in color, i can recall colors when i wake up, whether I dreamed it that way or my brain just assigned the color too it, is beyond me.

The most recurrent theme would probably be falling, never flying which i understand is the most common.

I only have 1 dream that recurs, and it only happened 3 times. each time minor details were changed, but the dream was exactly the same. The last time I had it was probably 10-15 years ago.

Most reactions

Back