MOTW - morydd

morydd said:
As for rich, I have a wonderful wife, and a great family. I eat well. So yes, I'm rich. Don't have a penny to my name though.
:thumbup:

i don't know much about you either other than you are kicking my butt at trivia today... again. what brought you to tpf? do you consider yourself as having a photographic style? do you have a favorite photograph that you can share?

How many guinesses can you drink in a single sitting?

And let us see a picture of you and your wife making wierd faces =p

When travelling, has anyone ever told you that you have a 'midwestern accent'?

(I ask this, cuz you grew up not far from me, and probably speak similar to how I do)

Have you developed a CHICAGO accent since living there? (which is basically just a midwestern accent, only stronger)

1- How many guinesses can you drink in a single sitting?
2- And let us see a picture of you and your wife making wierd faces =p
3- what brought you to tpf?
4- do you consider yourself as having a photographic style?
5- do you have a favorite photograph that you can share?
6- And what is a "carriage driver"? Is that just another expression for "taxi driver"?
7- For how long have you been married?
8- Do you want any kids in any nearer or farther future?
9- Take a photo of your desk with TPF showing on the screen of your computer!
10- Is it really windy there, or is that just a saying?
11- I just down here in Kankakee, but don't really know what you mean when you say "south side." Is that by Midway?

1- If I'm being sensible, on a night out 3 is about my limit. However, I've gone as high as 8.
2- My wife is at work right now, perhaps tonight.
3- A random search for a photography forum let me here, the people and the talent made me stay.
4- I don't know that I have a style. I mostly take snapshots, but I want to develop a style. Unfortunately, my budget doesn't allow for shooting as much as I'd like or going digital quite yet. I like shooting people doing things, and I like shooting flowers and nature. I'd like to learn portraiture.
5- Here is one of my favorites:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/morydd/247580341
My wife really likes this one:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/morydd/247580393
6- I drove horse-drawn carriages. Taxi drivers are pretty much the arch-nemesis of carriage drivers.
7- My 4th wedding anniversary is in 9 days.
8- My son Aiden was born December 10, 2005 and passed away 5 days later. We also had a miscarrage last month. When my wife is healthy, we will probably try again. If we are unable to have children "the old fasioned way" we will adopt.
9- http://www.flickr.com/photos/morydd/247576952/
10- Yes! It is windy here, but the nickname is widely believed to come not from the natural winds, but the continual stream of hot air coming from Politicians in our fair city.
11- I am somewhat near Midway, slightly closer to US Cellular Field, but the south side generally covers anything south of the loop. (about 18th street)

core_17 said:
When travelling, has anyone ever told you that you have a 'midwestern accent'?

(I ask this, cuz you grew up not far from me, and probably speak similar to how I do)

Have you developed a CHICAGO accent since living there? (which is basically just a midwestern accent, only stronger)

Nope. But then i don't travel much outside the midwest. I definately do have a bit of a Chicago accent though. (My mom was born in Chicago so I've always had it a little bit.)

morydd said:
1- If I'm being sensible, on a night out 3 is about my limit. However, I've gone as high as 8.

Wow.. how the heck did you do 8 with as heavy as guiness is =p I count myself as doing great with 3.

zedin said:
Wow.. how the heck did you do 8 with as heavy as guiness is =p I count myself as doing great with 3.

It was a long evening... we'll leave it at that. ;-)

morydd said:
3- A random search for a photography forum let me here, the people and the talent made me stay.
4- I don't know that I have a style. I mostly take snapshots, but I want to develop a style. Unfortunately, my budget doesn't allow for shooting as much as I'd like or going digital quite yet. I like shooting people doing things, and I like shooting flowers and nature. I'd like to learn portraiture.
5- Here is one of my favorites:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/morydd/247580341
My wife really likes this one:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/morydd/247580393
How are you getting these shots of your desk and such if you haven't gone digital? cellphone, or just a p&s?

I like the snow shot, well composed... :thumbup:

morydd said:
8- My son Aiden was born December 10, 2005 and passed away 5 days later. We also had a miscarrage last month. When my wife is healthy, we will probably try again. If we are unable to have children "the old fasioned way" we will adopt.
)
I'm sorry for your losses, but I'm glad you got the 5 days with your son. I browsed around your website earlier, there is some very powerful stuff there. We just attended a service for some close friends that lost their boy after only 18 days, Trisomy 13 I think. I cried like a little girl.

Yeah, the desk and front-window view are from a 5 year old kodak p&s. It's my wife's camera.

If money was no object where would you vacation?

If money was no object, I'd never go off of vacation. My best friend is a pilot, so I'd get him a plane and have him fly us all over the world. Our current plan is that when we retire, we'll buy an RV and tour the country. I've been to England and Wales. I'd go back there, probably Ireland as well. Then probably swing to the continent and my wife can test out her Spanish and Portuguese. Then definately through Asia, a stop in Austrailia, and perhaps South America as well. There're very few places I don't want to see.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back