MOTW - Peanuts!

Whereabouts in Canada are you? Tell us your life story, abbreviated!

Is the lemur in your sig from a photo of yours?

If yes,

1. Where was it taken?
2. Post your fav photo of a lemur that you have taken. (Please? ;))

LittleMan said:
how did you get so beautiful?

Well you see....

Actually, other then the fact I am not (believe me, I am surrounded by several people who are literally praised nationally and even worldwide for their beauty, so I am the ugly duckling. Not like I mind by any means, I strongly despise being in the limelight, unless I am the MOTW on TPF of course ;).)

EBphotography said:
A picture from your window!

Congrats by the way!

oldnavy170 said:
How about a photo of your car.

I'll get on those tomorrow. There isn't too much to see though, I will warn you.

(and how about that, I have a new blurby in my sig. Neat :D)

GoM said:
Whereabouts in Canada are you? Tell us your life story, abbreviated!

I am in Calgary, Alberta. (East of the Rocky Mountains in Canada, but not quite on the plains of Saskatchewan (yes. All Canadian children learn how to spell that one upside down and backwards in grade 1) for those who aren't quite certain where that is)

About my life? Well let's see. I was born on June 5th, 1989 into a family with two wonderful parents and a lovely older sister. The poor trio was never the same after that. Who in the world has a youngest child who manages to eat a lit light bulb off the Christmas tree and swallow a whole bottle of pills within two weeks of each other before even turning one? Let’s just say things livened up a bit after the 5th of June!

Pretty much had a normal childhood until a specific individual in the family became enamored with Ham Radio, leading to several family trips, ranging from Peru to Israel, to visit with some of the crackled voices and ‘dits and das’. Needless to say I was encouraged since the age of 7 to receive my license, but still to this day haven’t. Though I use to be ‘fluent’ in Morse Code. (Not certain how it would look on a resume if I still remembered it though)

Things changed a bit from that idealic life when my older sister died suddenly three years ago and the family went two separate ways. You might have seen several months ago though where I posted some pictures of my almost-1-year-old half-brother, who might I say is one of the most pleasant babies I have ever met? :blushing:

Otherwise, I am just wrapping up my high school years and starting to plan my way to retirement.

Whoah, hopefully I didn’t’ put anyone to sleep there.

Little photo 'essay' of it here (I am the little tike with the darker brown, curly hair): http://www.flickr.com/photos/britstaddon/sets/1384483/

Edit: Actually, I should probably mention, since a number of people are from Ontario. My family originates in the southern tip of Ontario (A.K.A. 'South of Detroit, Canada', 'The Armpit of Canada etc. etc.) so it is always a delight to see posts from those areas. I am just waiting for the day when I see one of my relatives in a shot. (As we all know in those smaller towns, everyone is related - hence why I live in Alberta now. ;))

panzershreck said:
which is better? one giant light source? or billions of tiny tiny light sources?

Game show Answer:
That would defintely be answer 'A' Bob.

Literature Answer:
Well it is quite apparent that do to the nature of this question, the answer is hidden within the alliterations. "Tiny tiny" would direct the viewer to analyze this question as an extenuation of extreme detail. Therefore the answer is by all means, Shakespeare-ingly 'B'

Scientific Answer:
We all know the main light source that fuels the very essence of life is the sun, which is a single giant light source. A

JTHphoto said:
Is the lemur in your sig from a photo of yours?

If yes,

1. Where was it taken?
2. Post your fav photo of a lemur that you have taken. (Please? ;))

That it is. It was taken at the Calgary Zoo (unfortunately no tales of bushwhacking through Madagascar) when I was just learning how to use all the functions on my 350D. Honestly, that is probably my favourite of the Ring-Tailed Lemur, but I will attach two others of a Mongoose Lemur

Here is the original 'sig' picture:
30200811_43027c2f0d_m.jpg

Vogue style:
30200181_819ec2e407_m.jpg

Favourite 'Lemur' photo at the Calgary Zoo as determined by Flickr:
64984574_2f9aba701a_m.jpg

If I was to give you £1,000,000 what would you buy?

so.... why photography?...... are you an artistic person?.... can you draw/paint... or are you just drawn to photography?

Most reactions

Back