Mountain Biking

penfold1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.fizzlebang.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Was practicing some for a mountain biking event I will be shooting for my friend. The two came out the best.

kenda.jpg

panning.jpg

Yeah, background is not optimal in the second picture, but I was just practicing panning.

Please, tear them apart for me. :)

The first one is great, composition wise, looks like something out of a catalog

the second one--well keep practising LOL you need to get it a little bit sharper and it will be better-of course easier set than done, I am rubish at panning!

You got some good blur going with the 2nd one. I'm not sure if you have flash available, but if you do it definitely helps a lot with panning. It will freeze the rider much better but keep the background blurred. The first one looks like a good commercial sort of shot, except for the fact that it says Kenda instead of Maxxis ;)

lol, thanks. I will try a flash next time.

Well, my friend uses Kenda tires and I have Maxxis on my bike. :)

The first one is great!
And tell your friend to wear elbow pads :lmao:

The first one is awsome! I almost thought i was flipping through BIKEMag and came across a Kenda Advertisement.

Nick Vitucci

thanks for the comments.

Oh trust me, he has every mountain biking pad in existent, he just doesn't need to wear them when riding down my driveway.

I will have some better shots on an actual location soon enough, wish me luck!

The first shot would be a great catalog or ad shot.

I like the soft blur in the second shot - the framing bugs me just a bit but I know how hard it is to hit a moving target.

Doc

First shot is a real winner - can't wait to see your shots of the event. Photography and Mountain Biking are also two of my great loves but I haven't had a chance to combine them yet. :(

Most reactions

Back