Mountain/River

RiseXagainst42

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey there...I am somewhat new to the whole photography thing but thought I would give it a try as I love pictures and everything about it. Please critique and let me know what you think of my first few shots. Try to be nice as I am new!!! Thankss everyone

IMG_4704.jpg

IMG_4716.jpg

Hunting :: IMG_4732.jpg picture by RiseXagainst42 - Photobucket

IMG_4761.jpg

First one would be better if you had the car out of the picture.

first one I think would be better if you were turned a little to the right looking a little more down the tracks....and the truck not being there. Again on the second I would use the lines of the tracks. Good start though.

What equipment are you using?

turn alittle to right.
i like number 3. quite, nice!

Before I press the shutter, I ask this..."Why am I taking this?"

Right now I see nothing that draws me into the picture. You need to think about having a foreground, middle and background (usually). Having great lighting helps too.

Photo #1 - I see what your trying to do, but there's no 'draw'. Crop the car and the branches on the right side of the image for starters.

The last one is the best, but there's too much empty sky on the top and too much empty snow on the bottom. If you have a rock on the foreground and some clouds in the sky....and maybe at sunset, I think you'd find that image would look 100% better.

Hope this makes sense and keep on shooting!

Yeah I see what you are saying! Its tough around my area to get good lighting and with just starting out. But I do find it a very addicting hobby and plan on shooting ALOT more. I will def. post my progress up! Thanks for the constructive criticism!

Yeah I see what you are saying! Its tough around my area to get good lighting and with just starting out. But I do find it a very addicting hobby and plan on shooting ALOT more. I will def. post my progress up! Thanks for the constructive criticism!

It looks like a nice place to shoot, especially with the river and the hills/mountains. Wait for sunrise or sunset with a few clouds and I think you'd find it more interesting.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back