Mounting question on #471/581 portrait kit, poloroid land camera

insanedeity

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi all,

I may be barking up the wrong tree here, but any help or directions to help are hugely appreciated.

I own 2 poloroid land cameras, a 360 and a 100. I also own a #471/581 portrait kit for the 360, (compatible with the 100). I've had them about a year. The 360 has only gotten light usage, but a about 4 months ago the portrait lens started having trouble staying mounted over the fixed lens. The portrait lens has a very thin metal ring sticking out the back which fits into a spring loaded assembly surrounding the fixed lens. Mostly these days the spring loaded ring holds for around 15 seconds, then it finally wins and pops the lens off. Sometimes pressing the lens on then a slight turn to the side helps, but not always. I get much the same result on the 100 camera.

The directions are totally unhelpful (I have both manuals) and I am at a loss. The fact it won't stick to either camera makes me think it's my mounting technique, but they are both 30+ year old cameras with lord knows what history of abuse so time of life failure is possible. Any thoughts, please let me know, or any poloroid-centric forum would be great as well.

Thank you!

Most reactions

Back