Mouse or Tablet

ImageArray

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
imagearray.wordpress.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, Im using wondering what you guys use to edit your photos in PhotoShop. Do you use your mouse (and a very steady hand) or do you use a tablet for more ease? I have a very shaky hand and have a hard time selecting the right parts to edit (ie. B&W with one object in color) and I'm wondering if a tablet would make things easier for me??

See how the blue exceeds past the actual iris and into the whites of the eye... that's because I can't keep my hand steady enough.

img_2415-copy1.jpg

Tablets aren't always better for everyone. It still depends on coordination.

That said, either way, you'd be better off using the Pen Tool, in photoshop.

...or, just make it all blue. ;)

I use an Intuos 3 tablet. For me it's much steadier using the pen for editing rather than the mouse.
Some people use their tablet as a total mouse replacement.... that I can't do.

I not only use a tablet (Intuos 4 Medium) for image editing, I also use it for web surfing.

I use an Intuos 3 tablet. For me it's much steadier using the pen for editing rather than the mouse.
Some people use their tablet as a total mouse replacement.... that I can't do.

Exactly what he said - same tablet too!:thumbup:

I just recently started using a tablet and I really like it. The pressure sensitive pen makes it very precise compared to a mouse. I bought a 100.00 bamboo touch pen, it works fine for me.

In areas of concern, I simply enlarge the area enough that the selection tool does a better detail job of selection.

You should have just used the brush tool, paint blue, change layer mode to color
and your pretty much done.
just fix the overflow using a mask layer.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back