Mousepads: Do we need to coexist with them?

Wilynn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I met someone who said that they never use a mousepad with their Logitech MX 600 Cordless Laser mouse.

Wow, is that possible?

He said that he has a desk that he keeps clean and polished slick as an ice rink, and so, I guess, that's how he gets by without using a mouse?

Hey I've always used a mouse, ALWAYS. Is it really possible to forego the use of a mouse? I have to wonder if it would cause the mouse to wear out sooner or cause any other problem.

Sounds like maybe he still does use a mouse, just not the pad...

I use a mouse pad, although my mouse would work fine without one - I just like the feel of it. If I had a better desk, I might not use it.

I still prefer a mousepad for most situations but a laser mouse (not optical) will track on just about any surface.

I have a wireless laser mouse on my file/media server, it just doesn't need a mouse pad.

No, we need to coexist with the penguins

100_4340.jpg

That table in the picture would go just great with a laser mouse nullifying the need for a mousepad, Battou. Your penguin could use the slick surface - all 100% of it - to skate on.

Even my optical mouse works perfectly on my desk. I don't use a mousepad, but I keep it handy incase my desk has some dirt on it which grinds as the mouse tracks over it. The quick fix is to grab the mousepad until I can be bothered to clean the desk.

That table in the picture would go just great with a laser mouse nullifying the need for a mousepad, Battou. Your penguin could use the slick surface - all 100% of it - to skate on.

No, I think I'll stick to the pad and optical mouse (Normally), this desk is impossible to keep clean because it ain't my desk.

I've never had a problem with an optical mouse on my desk even when it is dirty...

Ack I just whacked Linux in and I'm having trouble with my graphics tablet, sometimes it works, sometimes not.. so I've ditched it.

Now use a MX620 laser mouse. Although it works on my desktop surface fine I still prefer to use a mouse pad, gives me a bit more friction for more control when doing fine things.

I don't think there will be any problem not using a mouse pad, well, perhaps the little feet/pads on the underside of the mouse might wear down faster/irregularly on some surfaces? Doubt it though - So as long as your mouse is working fine on a surface I don't see why it would do any damage (unless you have a halogen hob cooker next to your PC.).

I still use MS optical trackballs... :blushing:

Most reactions

Back