Move up to MF and LF - Step 1

That Cambo, with my D3, was one of the options we considered in our deliberations over going digital in the studio. We decided to go for a Phase One back instead, with my Sinar P2. I did get a sliding Nikon adapter for the P2, however, which does much the same as the Cambo and it allows you to stitch images together by moving the Nikon around. I can demo that when you visit.

Best,
Helen

Good point TLP, I will keep an eye out for excessive dust.

Helen, interesting. I'm renting it next week from Calumet in Berlin (along with a Canon 1Ds Mk III and some other gear) just to play with movements.

Ok, I rented all that gear, and had a blast. But ultimately I can see that in my current work I'm not really read for tilts and shifts, and Herr Scheimpflug's ideas of focusing. I am taking a course in LA though, so I'm looking forward to learning about it.

In the mean time, my dMF (digital Medium Format) research is going into round two. Having still touched none of the gear in question, here is a thread where I summarize what I've found thus far (which, being a good forum citizen, I posted in the Gear forum).

Digital Medium Format - my initial research notes

I still feel like one of those internet kiddies talking about the pros and cons of Porsche Vs. Ferrari, but they've never even sat in either of them, never mind taken one across the Alps in spring. Well, right now that's me with these cameras. This should change soon though, as I am hoping to rent a Leaf AFi and an Aptus back next week.

Most reactions

Back