Movie Review - Sherlock Holmes

Dmitri

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
eh

It's an action movie, standard. Take any action movie, call the main character Sherlock Holmes, and this is what you get. Entertaining in a typical action movie way.

exactly what the tailers lead me to belive!
I'll probably catch it on DVD and save myself hte overpriced popcorn of the cinema ;)

Yes, I see a lot of action movies with sharp, quick dialogue, excellent chemistry between both the male and female leads, strong attention to detail, and a mystery based entirely around science. Like that part in Transformers where the ... wait, how about the time in Terminator 3 when ... well, nevermind. It's not like Robert Downey Jr. has the acting chops of Jean Claude van Damme.

This movie was amazing! Ramon nailed it with the chemistry and sharp wit. I mean hell, its guy ritchie! What I really liked about this film too was that it was a bit toned down version of Ritchie, but still so undeniably him. Robert Downey Jr. was amazing and Jude Law was a perfect counter for him. Very good flick and i wouldn't say it was a standard action movie by any stretch.
I mean, its not like its a artsy or stuffy film, like a Sherlock Holmes movie may lead you to think, but it works wonderfully!

Yep. Very entertaining, but great cinema it is not. I don't think anyone expected Chabrol or Kubrick though, so it delivers what it promises.
The most chuckle-worthy moment was when the girl starts running from the underground of the Houses of Parliament and 1 or 2 minutes later (in the movie timeframe) emerges on the Tower Bridge (the upper level no less, but let's not even go there...), which is about 3 miles away...

. . . I mean hell, its guy ritchie! . . .

Snatch was an awesome film. However, it was almost like an accident for Guy Ritchie because his other films were sub-par. So I didn't expect much from him out of this film, but I was pleasantly surprised. Sherlock kicked ass. Very entertaining. The interaction between Downey and Law was.... wait for it, legendary.

The problem with Hollywood movies these days, once you've seen one, you've pretty much seen them all, with the odd exception that is. Same plot, same peaks and troughs between action and suspense, same generic love interests, same human interest aspect, and same predicable happy endings, packed out with same old awful clichéd one-liners. They just wheel out different actors.

that new matt damon film looks a typical example.

Snatch was an awesome film.
Much like its predecessor "Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels". If you've ever been face-to-face with a Pikie, then you'll realize the Pitt did a pretty damn good rendition. Powder keg waiting for a spark, I say.

I absolutely loved that film! The best part to me was that you could solve the mystery with Sherlock! There was no unknown variables that were key in solving the mystery and poped up midway through or at the end. The only sense he used that you couldn't use in the audience would be smell.

The problem with Hollywood movies these days, once you've seen one, you've pretty much seen them all, with the odd exception that is. Same plot, same peaks and troughs between action and suspense, same generic love interests, same human interest aspect, and same predicable happy endings, packed out with same old awful clichéd one-liners. They just wheel out different actors.

that new matt damon film looks a typical example.
If you're looking for a good change from typical Hollywood I suggest 7 Pounds or Pursuit of Happyness, both great Will Smith films.

Eh is exactly what I thought. Saw it with the in-laws on Christmas, and couldn't say anything amazing about it. Really slow at times, and didn't really keep my attention enough.

Most reactions

Back