Movie review - Wolverine

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Dmitri, May 26, 2009.

1. Dmitri

Dmitri No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    The corn is high with this one. It's mildly entertaining as long as you keep in mind that it's a predictably formulaic b-level action flick. The director has done a very good job of using every action cliche ever created, such as the obligatory "main character walks towards the camera, unfazed by the explosion behind him".

2. bigtwinky

bigtwinky No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    The movie wasnt bad, but it was nothing near the entertainment value of the first 2 xmen movies.

I did find that the character was a bit soft when thinking of what a hard arse the Wolverine character is supposed to be.

I did not like Gambit. He was way too pretty boy for me. My wife loved him though haha.

If you do see the movie, there are 2 extra scenes during the movie. A first one half way through the end credits and a second one all the way at the end. The last bit gives you an indication of a possible sequel and what the setting will be. Patch anyone?

3. Dmitri

Dmitri No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I agree. It's entertaining in a 'typical action movie' sense, but nowhere near as interesting or enjoyable as the first two X-Men movies. This is a movie that would very easily had been a straight-to-DVD release if it didn't have the association with the other two.

4. bigtwinky

bigtwinky No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Not sure on the straight to DVD release. I preferred Wolverine over Angels and Demons.

5. epp_b

epp_b No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    It's not as good as the X-Men series, but it's by no means a B-movie. I think the problem is that they tried to fit too much story into too little time.

6. monkeykoder

monkeykoder TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I thought the movie was quite funny.

7. Hobbes

Hobbes TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I saw it yesterday :D and it's definitely not one of my favorite but still quite entertaining.

Oh btw I hope none of you guys have seen this movie:
    Lesbian Vampire Killers (2009)

I am glad that I haven't course I was smart enough to read the reviews first lol and I managed to find some funny comments about that movie:

hahaha! xD

8. Josh66

Josh66 Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I probably won't get to see it till it comes out on video... (I had high hopes for it though, hopefully it lives up to them - at least a little).

Going to go see Terminator Salvation tomorrow though...
    (God, it's been a long time since I've been to the movie theater. Last one was I Am Legend - what, a year and a half ago?)

9. andrewmoquin

andrewmoquin TPF Noob!

This movie has the same feel to me as Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull did. I think fans will want to see this movie just because it continues to have Hugh Jackman as the clawed mutant, and there’s no debate that as a character, Wolverine is fun to watch. However, this is not the movie fans are hoping for. There are too many “groan” moments to not leave the theater with a little bit of a bitter taste in your mouth.

10. meet1ngex

meet1ngex TPF Noob!

I didn't think there were many dull moments in the film. There was some predictability, but it wasn't a completely predictable plot. Some of the action was a little far-fetched, but that's what we expect from action flicks these days.

They are already thinking about other films in the "X-Men Origins" series. I'd like to see one about Magneto, and I think that's the one receiving most consideration right now.

11. JohnMF

JohnMF TPF Noob!

Last time i went was to see The Blair Witch Project!