Moving Vietnam Memorial

TimboAA

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.thattimguy.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What could I do/could have done to make this better?

vietnamWarMem1.jpg

ISO 200
f/4
1/60s
81mm focal length

Here's what I think would have helped. Imagine if you had got rid of the flags and focused on the people there.

Those people were looking up a name, a family member probably. That shows a story and focusing on those two people would have told the story. The flag pole/flags add distraction to the story there.

story.JPG

Thanks, i was wondering that as well.

Here is a quick re-crop, if i had zoomed in more in the beginning I think I could have had something here.

vietnamWarMem2.jpg

Edit: after looking at this...it appears that the two columns of names directly infront of the two people are lighter than the others. I just want to say that I didn't edit it to be that way, it must be the light reflecting off of them.

Edit 2: just noticed the picture that you posted Jon_K. It didn't load before when I did mine crop.

Yeah, it makes a much more interesting picture I think.

It's funny I gave this great advice here but if that was my picture I'd have probably made the same mistake.

Maybe my critiques here will help me think more when /I'm/ in the field. So often I go out and take a shot and notice the perfect shot within the shot I took (after I'm home of course.)

Perhaps you can go back here sometime and catch somebody else doing the same thing and get "the shot"! ;-)

Most reactions

Back