Mozilla

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Darfion, Mar 26, 2004.

1. Darfion

Darfion Soapbox guru...

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Just changed browsers from IE 6 to mozilla and found it to be very quick indeed. Who uses what on here?

2. markc

markc TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I use Firefox, which I've been very happy with until this release. Everything works great except for downloading. Now everytime it either starts or stops a download, the damn thing just sits there while it churns away. Before it would still slow down, but it seemed spawn a separate process so at least you could still browse while this was happening.

But I love the speed otherwise and the tabbed browsing rules. I only use IE when I have to for work.

3. MDowdey

MDowdey Guest

im on firefox. i love it, but anything done in frontpage looks like turds in firefox, so i switch to IE6.

md

4. Darfion

Darfion Soapbox guru...

Photos OK to edit
    Nearly went with firefox but for some reason or other opted for mozilla. I'll give it a go for a while and see what happens. Got a bit bored with IE.

5. markc

markc TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    God I hate Front Page. I hear it's gotten better recently about sabotaging your custom code, but still... I had to use it once because a client was going to be using it to keep their site updated. I can't tell you the number of times it would destroy some carefully done code I put through it. Microsoft doesn't ask "Where do you want to go today?", it says "This is where we are taking you today because we think you aren't able to decide for yourself."

Sorry. Don't mean to turn this into an MS bash thread, but as someone who has done a lot of web work, I find their approach to the web.... disturbing.

6. MDowdey

MDowdey Guest

ill agree with that whole heartedly, but Dreamweaver is so friggin hard to learn, for me anyways...

md

7. Darfion

Darfion Soapbox guru...

Photos OK to edit
    I agree Dreamweaver takes some getting used to, but it's worth the effort. I currently use Dreamweaver MX with the DW4 interface. Tried Adobe Go Live and if you thought DW was hard it's nothing compared to this bugger.

8. markc

markc TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Dreamweaver is the first WYSIWYG editor I would use. Before they came out I did everything in a text editor. I think it's pretty sweet, but it does have a lot to it.

9. voodoocat

voodoocat ))<>(( Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I'm still on firebird, haven't updated to firefox since it's been damn good to me. When I do tech support for our website at work, I usually end up telling people to download firefox. Seems to be less picky with secure webpages than IE.

As far as frontpage goes...
    I think if you know html, javascript and css pretty well frontpage can be a decent tool for churning out websites. I'm halfway wysiwyg and half manual coding.

10. Darfion

Darfion Soapbox guru...

Photos OK to edit
    On Firefox now and it seems pretty good to me :wink:

11. karissa

karissa The Untitled

Photos OK to edit
    I couldn't use Front Page... I picked up Dreamweaver and it was like a match made in heaven. I find it incredibly easy to use and if you look at the tutorials... it's even easier. However, I HATE flash. :angry1:

12. Geronimo

Geronimo TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I use firefox right now. I really like this latest build, seems like each one is truely getting better and better.

When I design my sites I just use a text editor. Editplus is actually the one I use. Give it a shot.