MPEG

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by Christie Photo, Jan 19, 2006.

1. Christie Photo

Christie Photo No longer a newbie, moving up!

A client phoned today saying she'd like to include a short video on her website demonstrating the use of her product. I have absolutely NO experience in animated imaging, but do understand lighting a product.

Is this something I should consider taking on? It would require audio too.

Any thought appreciated.

Pete

2. markc

markc TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I think a lot depends on what equipment you have and how tech savy you are. You will need a way of getting the video onto your computer, edit it, and then compress it for the web. If you have a digital camcorder, the first step is a lot easier than if you have an analog one.

3. stingray

stingray TPF Noob!

or if you're working in digital, depending on what the product is, you could take each frame separate on your camera and then stitch them up in a video program, or for that matter in Imageready... then you can just overdub audio.. that way you get the quality to start off with of your digi cam and you don't have to worry about figuring out lighting for a video cam...
    that is of course unless you have access to a really nice video camera... in that case disregard the above and enjoy using proper equipment :p

4. hobbes28

hobbes28 Incredible Supporting Member

You could do it....however, keep in mind that it takes a lot of time away to do this. Video editing and coverting and all probably takes an hour per 30 seconds of footage to do (depending on equipment, experience, software, amount of post processing, etc...)

Like what's been said already, having a digital camcorder saves you a lot of time and aggrivation from the start.